Connect digital camera directly to a TV?

Bonnie

I have an Olympus C5050 digital camera. My Mom just bought a new TV that
has AV Jacks in the front (for a camcorder I think). Is there a way to
connect my camera directly to my Mom's TV?

I would like to be able to show my photos to my Mom but she doesn't have a
computer. I recently bought her a DVD player as a last resort so I could at
least burn CDs and show her that way. If there was a way to connect the
camera directly to the TV it would simplify things for me.

Thanks for your help.
Bonnie

Bonnie wrote:
> I have an Olympus C5050 digital camera. My Mom just bought a new TV
> that has AV Jacks in the front (for a camcorder I think). Is there a
> way to connect my camera directly to my Mom's TV?
>
> I would like to be able to show my photos to my Mom but she doesn't
> have a computer. I recently bought her a DVD player as a last resort
> so I could at least burn CDs and show her that way. If there was a
> way to connect the camera directly to the TV it would simplify things
> for me.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Bonnie

Absolutely - but you will need to find the cable that came with your camera,
or get a new one.
---
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:48:23 -0700, "Bonnie" <bkay48@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I have an Olympus C5050 digital camera. My Mom just bought a new TV that
>has AV Jacks in the front (for a camcorder I think). Is there a way to
>connect my camera directly to my Mom's TV?
>
>I would like to be able to show my photos to my Mom but she doesn't have a
>computer. I recently bought her a DVD player as a last resort so I could at
>least burn CDs and show her that way. If there was a way to connect the
>camera directly to the TV it would simplify things for me.

Check the manual, some camera has AV port for connecting to the TV
directly. You would also need a cable that looks like a mini phono at
one end and a yellow RCA plug at the other end.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

wrote:

>I have an Olympus C5050 digital camera.

I have the C2020 and it came with a cable and in structions on how to
do this. I expect your camera did too.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:48:23 -0700, "Bonnie" <bkay48@comcast.net>
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:
uncap my header address to reply via email

If you want to show the photos only once, while thay are stil "in" the
camera, then that should be easy enough. Check the manual.

BUT

Many cameras will not like your photos if they have been altered in
anyway on your PC. This means you cannot re-load the pics and show
them, if you grab them and alter them. Ig you want to do this, make
_sure_ you

(a) keep an original of every picture
(b) upload them back to your camera to the right folders etc.

Only some DVD players will deal with CDs. has yours worked that way
yet? If not then you can do a DVD "slide show".

>I have an Olympus C5050 digital camera. My Mom just bought a new TV that
>has AV Jacks in the front (for a camcorder I think). Is there a way to
>connect my camera directly to my Mom's TV?
>
>I would like to be able to show my photos to my Mom but she doesn't have a
>computer. I recently bought her a DVD player as a last resort so I could at
>least burn CDs and show her that way. If there was a way to connect the
>camera directly to the TV it would simplify things for me.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Bonnie

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad

Allan Sheely typed:

> On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:48:23 -0700, "Bonnie" <bkay48@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I have an Olympus C5050 digital camera.
>
> I have the C2020 and it came with a cable and in structions on how to
> do this. I expect your camera did too.

I think all cameras have this included. Even the very cheapest ones, (like i
bought one - just for fun - which cost about 10 $ - camera istself is really
useless, but included was video and USB cable which together cost more than
10 $).

>I think all cameras have this included. Even the very cheapest ones, (like i
>bought one - just for fun - which cost about 10 $ - camera istself is really
>useless, but included was video and USB cable which together cost more than
>10 $).

Defiantly not all: Apple Quicktake cams 100 and 150 didn't have AV
support. But they were part of the very first digital camera and it's
safe to assume many other first generationdigital camera (mid 90's)
didn't have the AV yet.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net