XP wireless

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 30, 2004 11:49:46 AM

My HP laptop came with XP Home and the Broadcom 54G wireless worked fine. I
upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available. Any
ideas?

Thanks

More about : wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 1, 2004 4:03:19 PM

David Hoover wrote:

> My HP laptop came with XP Home and the Broadcom 54G wireless worked fine. I
> upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available. Any
> ideas?

Install a driver?

Sebastian
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 1, 2004 4:03:20 PM

I tried that and it still does not work and now the Connect to Network
button on the start menu is gone.

David
"Sebastian Hoehn" <shoehn@web.de> wrote in message
> David Hoover wrote:
>
> > My HP laptop came with XP Home and the Broadcom 54G wireless worked
fine. I
> > upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available.
Any
> > ideas?
>
> Install a driver?
>
> Sebastian
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 1, 2004 10:51:46 PM

Hello David

David Hoover wrote:
> I tried that and it still does not work and now the Connect to Network
> button on the start menu is gone.

That's right if there is not wireless adapter that button is gone. You
should try to install the driver again. If that does not work you need
to find out why. Feel free to ask, but you should give a little more
information, what have you tried, do you have any error messages in the
devce manager and so on. It is hard to help you if you just say, the
adapter is gone.