XP wireless

My HP laptop came with XP Home and the Broadcom 54G wireless worked fine. I
upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available. Any
ideas?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless

    David Hoover wrote:

    > My HP laptop came with XP Home and the Broadcom 54G wireless worked fine. I
    > upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available. Any
    > ideas?

    Install a driver?

    Sebastian

    I tried that and it still does not work and now the Connect to Network
    button on the start menu is gone.

    David
    "Sebastian Hoehn" <shoehn@web.de> wrote in message
    > David Hoover wrote:
    >
    > > My HP laptop came with XP Home and the Broadcom 54G wireless worked
    fine. I
    > > upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available.
    Any
    > > ideas?
    >
    > Install a driver?
    >
    > Sebastian

    Hello David

    David Hoover wrote:
    > I tried that and it still does not work and now the Connect to Network
    > button on the start menu is gone.

    That's right if there is not wireless adapter that button is gone. You
    should try to install the driver again. If that does not work you need
    to find out why. Feel free to ask, but you should give a little more
    information, what have you tried, do you have any error messages in the
    devce manager and so on. It is hard to help you if you just say, the
    adapter is gone.

    > David
    > "Sebastian Hoehn" <shoehn@web.de> wrote in message
    >
    >>David Hoover wrote:
    >>

    >>>My HP laptop came with XP Home and the Broadcom 54G wireless worked
    >
    > fine. I
    >
    >>>upgraded to XP Pro and now it tells me there is no wireless available.
    >
    > Any
    >
    >>>ideas?
    >>
    >>Install a driver?
    >>
    >>Sebastian