Wallpaper rotation time

Brendy

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Hi there all,

I've been playing around with the wallpaper rotation function that allows you to select multiple wallpapers and how often windows should change wallpapers. Something I noticed is that Windows always seems to rotate the wallpaper at about 11am or pm depending on whether I selected 12 hours or 24 hours. Is there a registry key I could edit to change this time? I would like for it to rotate wallpapers at 8 or 9am instead of in the middle of the day.
I've tried turning off wallpaper rotation until 9am the next day and then turning it on with the 24 hour time (so that it will count 24 from then) but the wallpaper changes at 11am anyway. I'd prefer not to have to download any extra software since it's already built into windows. A batch file would be fine though, I guess.

Brendy

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Thanks for the reply, mousemonkey.

I'm not sure where to get "All control panel items" but if I follow the path to Desktop Background, I get an option that says "Change picture every..." with a dropdown box to select when the wallpaper should be changed. This is fine; I always set it 24 hours so the wallpaper only changes once a day, but that doesn't effect the time of day it changes the wallpaper. At the moment, it's always 11am and I can't find where to go to change it.

TRENDING THREADS