Automate Convert Command

Hello,
I am in somewhat of bind. I have about 500 Windows XP Pro computers that
need to converted from FAT32 to NTFS. I understand the Convert command, but I
find a way to automate it. It always will ask this question Convert cannot
gain exclusive access to the C: drive, so it cannot convert it now. Would you
like to schedule it to be converted the next time the system restarts (Y/N)?
I have tried a few different scripts but I cannot find the command to
autogenerate a Y. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about automate convert command

    You COULD try using Autoit, that can be programmed to mimmic user commands.
    --
    Chase Overmire
    Geo Engineers, Inc

    mcar1331 wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am in somewhat of bind. I have about 500 Windows XP Pro computers that
    > need to converted from FAT32 to NTFS. I understand the Convert command, but I
    > find a way to automate it. It always will ask this question Convert cannot
    > gain exclusive access to the C: drive, so it cannot convert it now. Would you
    > like to schedule it to be converted the next time the system restarts (Y/N)?
    > I have tried a few different scripts but I cannot find the command to
    > autogenerate a Y. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi,

    This command line should work:

    %comspec% /c echo y|convert.exe c: /FS:NTFS

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Command Prompt Windows XP