Automate Convert Command

June 30, 2005 1:18:09 PM

Hello,
I am in somewhat of bind. I have about 500 Windows XP Pro computers that
need to converted from FAT32 to NTFS. I understand the Convert command, but I
find a way to automate it. It always will ask this question Convert cannot
gain exclusive access to the C: drive, so it cannot convert it now. Would you
like to schedule it to be converted the next time the system restarts (Y/N)?
I have tried a few different scripts but I cannot find the command to
autogenerate a Y. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:25:04 PM

You COULD try using Autoit, that can be programmed to mimmic user commands.
--
Chase Overmire
Geo Engineers, Inc

mcar1331 wrote:

> Hello,
> I am in somewhat of bind. I have about 500 Windows XP Pro computers that
> need to converted from FAT32 to NTFS. I understand the Convert command, but I
> find a way to automate it. It always will ask this question Convert cannot
> gain exclusive access to the C: drive, so it cannot convert it now. Would you
> like to schedule it to be converted the next time the system restarts (Y/N)?
> I have tried a few different scripts but I cannot find the command to
> autogenerate a Y. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

This command line should work:

%comspec% /c echo y|convert.exe c: /FS:NTFS

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: