Kickass speakers

G

Since some ppl post about speakers In here, I would like to tell you that there is something you may not have heard of and a lot better than any Cambridge Soundworks, Altec and others.

Take a look at that:
<A HREF="http://www.klipsch.com/products/promedia" target="_new">http://www.klipsch.com/products/promedia</A>
I guess 500 Watts RMS on a 5.1 digital should be enough to simulate an earthquake...No kidding.

Now what's next...

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh, yeah ... dude, we've heard of 'em.

There's some hard-core folks in here who can quote you specs on peripherals until your ears bleed!

It's getting them free that's the problem. And while you are at it, I'll take two sets, please. They'd really sound good connected together ... if you could stay in the room when they were turned up. 'Course, I'd recommend taping over the windows panes, in case they blew out. Like in a tornado.

<GRIN>

Toejam31

P.S. Are you sure that you are really, truly, <i>the</i> Mike? The first, the original, the one-and-only? He-who-should-not-be named? You wouldn't be pulling my leg now, would you?

No kidding?

Where did I put that old prayer rug? It's gotta be in here, <i>somewhere</i>! I told my ole lady not to throw it out, just in case the Real Mike showed up.

Guess I'm going to hell.

It's hard to be a simple white boy.

"Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo Sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself."

<font color=purple>My Rig:</font color=purple> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847</A>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Lol-nice sig Toejam. Personally, I prefer my ATP5 system. I can't imagine who would want to stay in a room w/ their speakers up all the way- my ATP5 usually isn't even kept at 20% volume.

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.

G

LOL!!!
I gotta say no, I aint the real Mike, I was lying... I'm a fake one and I got a huge problem with that, I have to say I feel bad sometimes taking myselft for someone I'm not...

No kidding, I prefered The_real_Mike instead of Mike653562 Cuz there were couple of other Mikes with very...err...not-original names.

True, well actually pluging those 2 speakers..getting a 800 Watts power... that really gotta be crazy, I own the 4.1 and 400 watts is quite enough to simulate an earthquake but anyways... Good to know I'm not the only one who knows the promedias in here..Long life to Klipcsh!!!

Now what's next...

G

OH yeah sure man, the ATP5 are far from being bad, but I was actually more talking about the sound quality... Who actually cares about getting 400 Watts RMS?? wayy too loud, even in a party you cant put it to maximum unless you plug your ears and go to the preamp to raise more the volume.

But...Sound quality is amazing, that's precisely why I just thought it would be good to tell some ppl that theses little babies exist.

=)

Now what's next...

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Sound quality is also amazing w/ ATP5. I have a question though- the guys who test speakers, do they seriously max the volume? I was reading a review for ATP5 before buying, and teh guy said his keyboard was bouncing around! How do they put up with that?

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
thanks but im happy enough with my kef 5.1s damn nice if you ask me, cost me well over a grand but hey, good sound comes at a price...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

G

Kef 5.1? Never heard or those, you got the URL? I'd really like to see that. thx

Now what's next...

G

I think so, the ATP-5 sure are not THAT loud, I tried the ATP-3 and I could max them without getting my ears blowned, the 5 sure are more powerful but still I guess they actually made it. But I think you underestimate the Klipsch though, they are not gonna shake your keyboard, but your whole house! If you dont beleive me, just take a trip to any Best Buy store, they are supposed to have them, try them if allowed to, you'll see what a 160 Watts sub-woofer with 2 6'5 inches can do.

Now what's next...

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
ATP 5 is actually bigger speakers than ATP3, and more powerful. Each speaker has its own subwoofer, plus the main one. How do u hook up two sets of speakers btw?

G

2 sets of speaker? If you want lets say to put 2 times 4.1 then you simply need 2 Y(one in each output of the soundcard), then you plug your 2 sets in those Y and that's it. Problem is that the signal gets lighter and not as efficient as with one single 4.1 if you do that and then the sound quality may get worse, still it depends of the soundcard. I doubt an ISIS, or a Platinum would do that, but a value would surely.

For the speakers, what you call "subwoofer" is not really a subwoofer cuz it dosnt work the same way. A real sub is made only for very low frequencies while this one is a very normal drive like we find on about any speakers on the market. The 2 little 28mm drives that you have on each speakers are kind of tweeters (High frequencies) but made for ranges between mid and high mostly (even if Altec claims it reaches all of the ranges, which is impossible for a so small drive). Normal speakers never have tweeters, too expensive to produce and to put on a speaker set. Actually, if you want my opinion, the problem with those speakers is that there is absolutely no space for sound resonnance, meaning a bigger chance of having distortion. That's the thing I've never liked from the ATP set, and strangest of all is that Altec put one of their best sub woofer with those satelites. Anyways, I still maintain my point, go check those promedias! =)

Now what's next...