Prints from Nikon D70

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 15, 2004 1:01:43 PM

Does anyone know the maximum size I could expect prints to be from a Nikon
D70, 6.1 Mega Pixel (i think), with maximum resolution of course.

Regards

More about : prints nikon d70

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 1:01:44 PM

On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:01:43 +0100, "bumbalina"
<bumbalina@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know the maximum size I could expect prints to be from a Nikon
>D70, 6.1 Mega Pixel (i think), with maximum resolution of course.
>
>Regards

Depends on how picky you are. Even a 6.1MP camera won't match a 35mm
film camera. IMO, 35mm film is only good for up to 8x10" prints,
anything over that should be done with a medium format camera. I'm
very picky and am talking about gallery quality prints. I would use
your camera for up to 8x10" prints and no larger. But that's me.Then
of course there are times you may want a grainy print and want to blow
it up real large. You have to decide for yourself what is acceptable.
May 15, 2004 2:27:02 PM

"bumbalina" <bumbalina@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know the maximum size I could expect prints to be from a Nikon
> D70, 6.1 Mega Pixel (i think), with maximum resolution of course.
>
> Regards

41" by 27"
May 15, 2004 6:19:19 PM

"bumbalina" <bumbalina@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know the maximum size I could expect prints to be from a Nikon
> D70, 6.1 Mega Pixel (i think), with maximum resolution of course.
>
> Regards

It depends on the printing resolution.
3008 X 2000 pixels full frame.
If printed at:
300 DPI= 10" X 6.67" (Best)
200 DPI= 15" X 10" (Good)
150 DPI= 20" X 13.33" (Fair to Passable)
72 DPI= 41.78" X 27.78" (Looks very bad)(This is screen resolution)

To see what you can expect, try Wayne Fulton's printing calculator.
http://www.scantips.com/calc.html

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"Allan Sheely" <NO@MAIL.HERE> wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:01:43 +0100, "bumbalina"
> <bumbalina@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know the maximum size I could expect prints to be from a
Nikon
> >D70, 6.1 Mega Pixel (i think), with maximum resolution of course.
> >
> >Regards
> >

> Depends on how picky you are. Even a 6.1MP camera won't match a 35mm
> film camera. IMO, 35mm film is only good for up to 8x10" prints,
> anything over that should be done with a medium format camera. I'm
> very picky and am talking about gallery quality prints. I would use
> your camera for up to 8x10" prints and no larger. But that's me.Then
> of course there are times you may want a grainy print and want to blow
> it up real large. You have to decide for yourself what is acceptable.

Wouldn't the real question be 'How far away you intent on standing while
viewing the photo' then?
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 9:13:14 PM

On Sat, 15 May 2004 17:13:13 GMT, "Sam" <NoSpamSam@Spamex.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't the real question be 'How far away you intent on standing while
>viewing the photo' then?

OK, I would print an 8'x10' billboard with a 6.1mp camera if viewing
from one mile away.
May 16, 2004 3:41:36 AM

> On Sat, 15 May 2004 17:13:13 GMT, "Sam" <NoSpamSam@Spamex.com> wrote:
>

> > Wouldn't the real question be 'How far away you intent on standing while
> >viewing the photo' then?
> >

> OK, I would print an 8'x10' billboard with a 6.1mp camera if viewing
> from one mile away.

If that is what turns you on then by all means do it.
!