Password Protect from Resume

On my old laptop with Windows 2K I had to re-enter my log-on password when
resuming from hibernation. My new laptop has XP2. I have to enter a password
at log-on from startup but when resuming from hibernation it goes straight to
my desktop. If I hibernate my computer and someone else presses the power
switch they have instant access to my computer which is very poor security.
Is there a setting somewhere to force a password on resume?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about password protect resume

    In news:7947D4F8-A903-44C7-901F-E281195EA4DB@microsoft.com,
    Arpeggio <Arpeggio@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > On my old laptop with Windows 2K I had to re-enter my log-on password
    > when resuming from hibernation. My new laptop has XP2. I have to
    > enter a password at log-on from startup but when resuming from
    > hibernation it goes straight to my desktop. If I hibernate my
    > computer and someone else presses the power switch they have instant
    > access to my computer which is very poor security. Is there a setting
    > somewhere to force a password on resume?
    >
    > Thanks

    Start > run > type control desktop > enter > power settings on the screen
    saver tab > tick the prompt for password button on the advanced tab.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Thanks Galen, you were right on the button!

    "Galen" wrote:

    > Start > run > type control desktop > enter > power settings on the screen
    > saver tab > tick the prompt for password button on the advanced tab.

Laptops Security Hibernation Windows XP