Quest

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2004

Hi there,

I'm trying to get a grip on permissions, but this isn't helping:

I've formatted a hard drive, called G: and removed all the default
permissions (WinXP/SP1). Applied. OK.
I then gave the Administrators FullControl and applied.
I checked the effective permissions of the Administrator (whose's a
member of the Admins (no other grps)) and found -to my surprise- that
the Admin has NO effective permission whatsoever ?????
BTW. The Admins are owner of the G: 'folder'.

Why o Why doesn't the Admin have FullControl on G:, just as the group it
belongs to ????

Thanks in advance!

Quest

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2004

Quest wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to get a grip on permissions, but this isn't helping:
>
> I've formatted a hard drive, called G: and removed all the default
> permissions (WinXP/SP1). Applied. OK.
> I then gave the Administrators FullControl and applied.
> I checked the effective permissions of the Administrator (whose's a
> member of the Admins (no other grps)) and found -to my surprise- that
> the Admin has NO effective permission whatsoever ?????
> BTW. The Admins are owner of the G: 'folder'.
>
> Why o Why doesn't the Admin have FullControl on G:, just as the group it
> belongs to ????
>
> Thanks in advance!

Really no one ???? Okay, could this be a bug ?