Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

weird events, again

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 1, 2005 4:46:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

ok ill post this again. I keep seeing in my security lg event viewer many
failed audits for something called SeTcbPrivilage. Anyone know why this is
happening?

More about : weird events

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 1, 2005 6:10:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Event ID & the Event Source are very important.

To open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK

For any Events that seem related to the problem...

Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the second
arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful

HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427

Event Viewer overview
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...

This can also be very useful.
You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.

To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example, Print)
and/or the Event code (for example, 20) into the ID field, then click the Go
button. Source and Event codes may be found in the Event Viewer logs.

Windows XP Home/Professional Events and Errors
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uVFFCSmfFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
me <jmforbk@earthlink.net> hunted and pecked:
> ok ill post this again. I keep seeing in my security lg event viewer many
> failed audits for something called SeTcbPrivilage. Anyone know why this
> is happening?
July 6, 2005 12:31:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

that was no help. The link that it gave to mircosofts web site was for a
different privilage. Why is this happening
"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:eZkKWjnfFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Event ID & the Event Source are very important.
>
> To open the Event Viewer...
> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
>
> For any Events that seem related to the problem...
>
> Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the
> second
> arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
> Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
> Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related
> Knowledge
> Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful
>
> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
>
> Event Viewer overview
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...
>
> This can also be very useful.
> You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.
>
> To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example, Print)
> and/or the Event code (for example, 20) into the ID field, then click the
> Go
> button. Source and Event codes may be found in the Event Viewer logs.
>
> Windows XP Home/Professional Events and Errors
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx...
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:uVFFCSmfFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> me <jmforbk@earthlink.net> hunted and pecked:
>> ok ill post this again. I keep seeing in my security lg event viewer
>> many
>> failed audits for something called SeTcbPrivilage. Anyone know why this
>> is happening?
>
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 6, 2005 2:04:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

(SeTcbPrivilege)
Act as part of the operating system

Description
Allows a process to assume the identity of any user and thus gain access to
the resources that the user is authorized to access. Typically, only
low-level authentication services require this privilege.

Default setting: Not assigned.

Note that potential access is not limited to what is associated with the
user by default; the calling process might request that arbitrary additional
privileges be added to the access token. The calling process might also
build an access token that does not provide a primary identity for tracking
events in the audit log.

When a service requires this privilege, configure the service to log on
using the Local System account, which has the privilege inherently. Do not
create a separate account and assign the privilege to it.
-----

Privilege Use Events
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23mXGxocgFHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
me <jmforbk@earthlink.net> hunted and pecked:
> that was no help. The link that it gave to mircosofts web site was for a
> different privilage. Why is this happening
> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:eZkKWjnfFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Event ID & the Event Source are very important.
>>
>> To open the Event Viewer...
>> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
>>
>> For any Events that seem related to the problem...
>>
>> Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the
>> second
>> arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
>> Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:
>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>
>> Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related
>> Knowledge
>> Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful
>>
>> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
>>
>> Event Viewer overview
>>
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...
>>
>> This can also be very useful.
>> You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.
>>
>> To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example,
>> Print) and/or the Event code (for example, 20) into the ID field, then
>> click the Go
>> button. Source and Event codes may be found in the Event Viewer logs.
>>
>> Windows XP Home/Professional Events and Errors
>>
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx...
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:uVFFCSmfFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> me <jmforbk@earthlink.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> ok ill post this again. I keep seeing in my security lg event viewer
>>> many
>>> failed audits for something called SeTcbPrivilage. Anyone know why this
>>> is happening?
!