TCP/IP changes without Admin rights

I need to give several users the ability to change their TCP/IP settings
without putting them in either of the local Administrators or Power Users
groups. Does anyone know how to do that. I'm running a W2K3S AD domain
with WXPP clients.

Thanks beforehand
3 answers Last reply
More about admin rights

    Make those users members of the Network Configuration Operators group.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Jacques Latoison" <Jacques Latoison at hotmail dot com> wrote in message news:OEl745ofFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >I need to give several users the ability to change their TCP/IP settings
    > without putting them in either of the local Administrators or Power Users
    > groups. Does anyone know how to do that. I'm running a W2K3S AD domain
    > with WXPP clients.
    >
    > Thanks beforehand

    Sorry to get back to you so late. I appreciate the response.

    --
    Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
    Display\Security
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Jacques Latoison" <Jacques Latoison at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >I need to give several users the ability to change their TCP/IP settings
    > without putting them in either of the local Administrators or Power Users
    > groups. Does anyone know how to do that. I'm running a W2K3S AD domain
    > with WXPP clients.
    >
    > Thanks beforehand

    No problem, and you're welcome. Our IT department just discovered the Network Operators group after 18 months of me telling them about it :-)

    "Jacques Latoison" <Jacques Latoison at hotmail dot com> wrote in message news:%23P82C%23zhFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Sorry to get back to you so late. I appreciate the response.
    >

    > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Make those users members of the Network Configuration Operators group.
    >
    > --
    > Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
    > Display\Security
    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "Jacques Latoison" <Jacques Latoison at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >>I need to give several users the ability to change their TCP/IP settings
    >> without putting them in either of the local Administrators or Power Users
    >> groups. Does anyone know how to do that. I'm running a W2K3S AD domain
    >> with WXPP clients.
    >>
    >> Thanks beforehand

Security TCP/IP Microsoft Windows XP