pzpuss0yu virus. Need Help.

After my kids had a session on the internet, I have developed the pzpss0yu
trojan virus. I installed virus protection afterwards, however, am unable to
remove this. There is a file folder in program files named pzpuss0yu that I
cannot delete, clean or quarantine. It also appears to duplicate itself
daily. I get a message that it is write protected when I try to delete,
clean, or quarantine. I get XXX rated pop-ups occassionally. I think I have
disabled this however. I would just like to delete this folder out of
program files. Can anyone help????
3 answers Last reply
More about pzpuss0yu virus help

    Mac wrote:

    > After my kids had a session on the internet, I have developed the
    > pzpss0yu
    > trojan virus. I installed virus protection afterwards, however, am
    > unable to
    > remove this. There is a file folder in program files named pzpuss0yu
    > that I
    > cannot delete, clean or quarantine. It also appears to duplicate
    > itself
    > daily. I get a message that it is write protected when I try to
    > delete,
    > clean, or quarantine. I get XXX rated pop-ups occassionally. I think
    > I have
    > disabled this however. I would just like to delete this folder out of
    > program files. Can anyone help????

    What antivirus did you install? Name and version, please. Did you update
    its virus definitions? Here are some general malware removal steps. It
    is crucial that you do all work with updated tools in Safe Mode.

    First delete all Temporary and Temporary Internet Files. For IE's
    Temporary Files, go to Control Panel>Internet Options>General tab.
    You'll see where you can delete cookies and files. For Firefox, clear
    its cache by going to Tools>Options>Privacy>Cache> Clear. For Windows
    Temporary files, Start>Run cleanmgr [enter]. Then follow these detailed
    malware removal steps, doing everything with updated tools in Safe
    Mode. You can find all the links to referenced programs and sites on
    my website here:

    1) Scan in Safe Mode with current version (not earlier than 2004)
    antivirus using updated definitions.

    Before you remove malware, get LSPFix or WinSockFix for XP - see links
    below.

    2) Remove spyware with Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-aware. These
    programs are free, so use them both since they complement each other.
    There is a new version of CWShredder from Intermute. I would not
    install the other Intermute programs, however. Alternately, there are
    CoolWebSearch malware removal steps at SilentRunners.

    Be sure to update these programs before running, and it is a good idea
    to do virus/spyware scans in Safe Mode. Make sure you are able to see
    all hidden files and extensions (View tab in Folder Options).

    If the malware remains even after you used Ad-aware and Spybot, you can
    scan with HijackThis. HijackThis is an excellent tool to discover and
    disable hijackers, but it requires expert skill. See the links on my
    website for a HijackThis tutorial and places where you can post your
    HJT log. Again, this is an expert tool and novices should get help
    with it.

    3) If you are running Windows ME or XP, you should disable/enable System
    Restore after the system is clean because malware will be in the
    Restore Points. With ME, you must disable System Restore completely.
    With XP, you can delete all but the most recent (presumably clean)
    System Restore point from the More Options section of Disk Cleanup
    (Run>cleanmgr).

    4) Make sure you've visited Windows Update and applied all security
    patches. Do not install driver updates from Windows Update.

    5) Run a firewall.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Please consult the experts in the virus removal newsgroup:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

    Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx

    Install Avast! antivirus program (FREE)

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    From: "Mac" <Mac@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | After my kids had a session on the internet, I have developed the pzpss0yu
    | trojan virus. I installed virus protection afterwards, however, am unable to
    | remove this. There is a file folder in program files named pzpuss0yu that I
    | cannot delete, clean or quarantine. It also appears to duplicate itself
    | daily. I get a message that it is write protected when I try to delete,
    | clean, or quarantine. I get XXX rated pop-ups occassionally. I think I have
    | disabled this however. I would just like to delete this folder out of
    | program files. Can anyone help????

    I doubt this is a virus. It is more or les adware/spyware.

    That' whould need software such as Ad-aware SE v1.06 and SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.4 as a
    starting point.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm