ATI Trade-Up Program?

Should I trade-up my ATI AIW 8500DV for a ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128MB, or cheaper
for me to buy one somewhere, anywhere?

Thanks

how much you gonna pay?

Veritech wrote:

> how much you gonna pay?
> "Dave Smith" <daves@smithville.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Should I trade-up my ATI AIW 8500DV for a ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128MB, or
>> cheaper
>> for me to buy one somewhere, anywhere?

Geez, try froogling "AIW 9800 Pro" and then compare the prices and you've
got your answer.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Dave Smith wrote:

> Should I trade-up my ATI AIW 8500DV for a ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128MB, or cheaper
> for me to buy one somewhere, anywhere?
>
> Thanks

Your not going to get more than $50 at best from ATI, and your going to
pay full retail buying from them. If you had to, get an older ATI card
for
$2 and send it to them.

AIW 9800pro's are going for $300CDN (lowball) new in some stores/system
builders, so I'd
imagine they are like $250US if you look around.

Do your homework.

Gordon

stupid

> Should I trade-up my ATI AIW 8500DV for a ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128MB, or
cheaper
> for me to buy one somewhere, anywhere?

Buy it somwhere else. ATI gives you a "fixed-price upgrade" regardless of
what
you trade in -- doesn't matter if you give them a brand new Radeon X850XT or
an ancient ATI EGAWonder (circa 1985.)

On top of that, you have to ship your trade-in videocard back to ATI, at
your
own expense. To be fair, ATI clearly explains this before you confirm the
purchase. Finally, if you're ordering from the USA, expect to wait 7-10days
for shipping -- ATI doesn't believe in a USA-based warehouse, so they ship
direct from their Canadian distribution center (2-3 days just to clear
through
customs.)

So in summary, no point in a non-Canadian customer buying direct from ATI's
website.