Are Omega drivers fully compatible with MMC?

I am thinking of installing the latest Omega drivers to see if those
alternate drivers will resolve my Windows XP Pro. SP2's blue screen
crashes in gaming. before I do that, is MMC v9.03 fully compatible with
Omega's drivers? I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) card.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"When many work together for a goal, great things may be accomplished. It is said a lion cub was killed by a single colony of ants." --Saskya Pandita
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )
2 answers Last reply
More about omega drivers fully compatible

    ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

    > I am thinking of installing the latest Omega drivers to see if those
    > alternate drivers will resolve my Windows XP Pro. SP2's blue screen
    > crashes in gaming. before I do that, is MMC v9.03 fully compatible with
    > Omega's drivers? I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) card.
    >
    > Thank you in advance. :)
    > --
    > "When many work together for a goal, great things may be accomplished. It is said a lion cub was killed by a single colony of ants." --Saskya Pandita
    > /\___/\
    > / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
    > | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
    > \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
    > ( )

    yes

    ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

    > I am thinking of installing the latest Omega drivers to see if those
    > alternate drivers will resolve my Windows XP Pro. SP2's blue screen
    > crashes in gaming. before I do that, is MMC v9.03 fully compatible with
    > Omega's drivers? I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) card.
    >
    > Thank you in advance. :)

    I don't recall ever having any problems with them, most of the changes are
    for better default settings and a couple of clocking utilities etc (these
    drivers unlock the extra pipelines on my 9800se quite nicely:-).

    I have had one or two problems with MMC before but I'm 99.9% sure Omega was
    not in any way responsible. The make DVD option disappeared at one point,
    but quite frankly that has never worked for me so was no great loss. I
    can't rule out user error though, with the AIW series there is always quite
    a lot to install.

    The diagnostics always tickled me, even after a fresh install with drivers
    from the CD they always fail to recognise my 9800SE as a Radeon. In my
    experience the Omega chap has always put out high quality work, ATI
    recognise that too.

    Karl

Radeon Drivers Compatibility Graphics