Are Omega drivers fully compatible with MMC?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
April 4, 2005 3:32:56 AM

I am thinking of installing the latest Omega drivers to see if those
alternate drivers will resolve my Windows XP Pro. SP2's blue screen
crashes in gaming. before I do that, is MMC v9.03 fully compatible with
Omega's drivers? I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) card.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"When many work together for a goal, great things may be accomplished. It is said a lion cub was killed by a single colony of ants." --Saskya Pandita
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 4, 2005 10:26:26 AM

ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

> I am thinking of installing the latest Omega drivers to see if those
> alternate drivers will resolve my Windows XP Pro. SP2's blue screen
> crashes in gaming. before I do that, is MMC v9.03 fully compatible with
> Omega's drivers? I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) card.
>
> Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "When many work together for a goal, great things may be accomplished. It is said a lion cub was killed by a single colony of ants." --Saskya Pandita
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
> | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
> \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
> ( )

yes
April 4, 2005 3:37:58 PM

ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

> I am thinking of installing the latest Omega drivers to see if those
> alternate drivers will resolve my Windows XP Pro. SP2's blue screen
> crashes in gaming. before I do that, is MMC v9.03 fully compatible with
> Omega's drivers? I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) card.
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

I don't recall ever having any problems with them, most of the changes are
for better default settings and a couple of clocking utilities etc (these
drivers unlock the extra pipelines on my 9800se quite nicely:-).

I have had one or two problems with MMC before but I'm 99.9% sure Omega was
not in any way responsible. The make DVD option disappeared at one point,
but quite frankly that has never worked for me so was no great loss. I
can't rule out user error though, with the AIW series there is always quite
a lot to install.

The diagnostics always tickled me, even after a fresh install with drivers
from the CD they always fail to recognise my 9800SE as a Radeon. In my
experience the Omega chap has always put out high quality work, ATI
recognise that too.

Karl
!