  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 10:33:15 PM

Do people with experience with the 6 megapixel Nikon D70 think that it's
worth buying over the newer 8 megapixel non-slr models?
I've have a 5 megapixel Sony 717 for about 2 years which is great, except
for the few limitations in visual quality and enlargement limits, but I have
always wanted to get an slr to make the Nikon lenses I have more useful, but
I'm worried about the obsolescence of locking into a digital model that will
feel old in a few years.
I have a Nikon F4 that is going on 15 years and it is as capable today as
the day I got it.
Do you folks think that digitals will reach some optimal megapixel/quality
like good film cameras or will it forever be an upgrading treadmill like
with computers?
Is the D70 good enough to satisfy for years or should I wait for some next
generations that would be more mature and stable in features and quality?
As I have Nikon lenses, another digital slr brand is not an option for me.
Also, does using my other AF Nikon lenses limit what the D70 can do in any
way?
Thanks a lot for any advice.

More about : questions nikon d70

July 23, 2004 6:18:29 PM

It is a completely different ballpark. you don't really know the difference until you start getting into it a bit.
Here's my advice (I used to own Nikon coolpix 5000, now i'm a proud owner of nikon d70). if you have
any chance of getting a higher-up dslr, don't hesitate for a second, get a dslr! believe me, there is a world
of differences and it's like comparing a nascar with a souped-up civic. come on!
email me at diaspar8-trash # yahoo.com so i can advise you further

"Luis ORTEGA" <lortega@ntlworld.com> wrote in
news:D Fsqc.605$es.504@newsfe1-win:
> Do people with experience with the 6 megapixel Nikon D70 think that
> it's worth buying over the newer 8 megapixel non-slr models?
> I've have a 5 megapixel Sony 717 for about 2 years which is great,
> except for the few limitations in visual quality and enlargement
> limits, but I have always wanted to get an slr to make the Nikon
> lenses I have more useful, but I'm worried about the obsolescence of
> locking into a digital model that will feel old in a few years.
> I have a Nikon F4 that is going on 15 years and it is as capable today
<snip>