  • Command Prompt
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 5, 2005 2:19:02 AM

I'm looking for the command we type from run to open up a windows
configuration tool where we can edit the boot.ini, startup programs e.t.c. I
just can't seems to remember it.

It's definitly not gpedit.msc, must be something else.... Anyone for this
easy question??

--
*** Show me your knowledge and provide me an intelligent solution ***

More about : command

July 5, 2005 5:37:14 AM

In news:00D3D78B-C282-4AB8-AFAC-BFC6370855A5@microsoft.com,
Edmund <Edmund@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I'm looking for the command we type from run to open up a windows
> configuration tool where we can edit the boot.ini, startup programs
> e.t.c. I just can't seems to remember it.
>
> It's definitly not gpedit.msc, must be something else.... Anyone for
> this easy question??

msconfig

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
July 5, 2005 5:37:15 AM

Yup that's the one :)  thanks for the fast reply, cheers.

Edmund

--

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:00D3D78B-C282-4AB8-AFAC-BFC6370855A5@microsoft.com,
> Edmund <Edmund@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > I'm looking for the command we type from run to open up a windows
> > configuration tool where we can edit the boot.ini, startup programs
> > e.t.c. I just can't seems to remember it.
> >
> > It's definitly not gpedit.msc, must be something else.... Anyone for
> > this easy question??
>
> msconfig
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 7, 2005 1:35:01 AM

Hi

It doesnt exist in win2k tho, it can be copied from a 9x/xp machine
easily enough

pscyimePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
!