9800 AIW audio distortion & dropped frames

I am capturing video/audio from an 8mm videotape using the ATI input dongle
& the bundled Pinnacle software and an AIW 9800 Pro to try and produce a
VCD.

Motherboard is an Abit NF7-S (512mb PC 3200 DDR) w/ onboard Nvidia
Soundstorm audio and I run my ring/tip/sleeve connector out of the video
card's dongle into the "line in" on the motherboard as per per instructions.

Since I am only trying to do vcd quality because of the 8mm tape
limitations, I find that I am still getting dropped frames and audio
distortion.

Both the 8mm tape & the VHS tape copy actually look/sound better.

I used the latest drivers and upgrades from the ATI website instead of using
the original CD per information I have read here.

Suggestions as to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
--
Ron Marraccini
3 answers Last reply

    PS: On boot I get an "Error loading device" - "Specific Module cannot be
    found" in C;\Programs\ATI and, the heading on the error massage is
    Rundll.exe.

    Upon going into control panel/administrative services/event properties I see
    that the source is Ati2mtag, the category is WDM and the description of
    the event is: SRB command failed-SRB_GET_DEVICE_PROPERTY

    Anyone?

    Thanks

    --
    Ron A. Marraccini

    Ron Marraccini wrote:

    > PS: On boot I get an "Error loading device" - "Specific Module cannot be
    > found" in C;\Programs\ATI and, the heading on the error massage is
    > Rundll.exe.
    >
    > Upon going into control panel/administrative services/event properties I see
    > that the source is Ati2mtag, the category is WDM and the description of
    > the event is: SRB command failed-SRB_GET_DEVICE_PROPERTY
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Ron A. Marraccini
    >
    > "Ron Marraccini" <ronm@ramlegal.com> wrote in message
    > > I am capturing video/audio from an 8mm videotape using the ATI input
    > dongle
    > > & the bundled Pinnacle software and an AIW 9800 Pro to try and produce a
    > > VCD.
    > >
    > > Motherboard is an Abit NF7-S (512mb PC 3200 DDR) w/ onboard Nvidia
    > > Soundstorm audio and I run my ring/tip/sleeve connector out of the video
    > > card's dongle into the "line in" on the motherboard as per per
    > instructions.
    > >
    > > Since I am only trying to do vcd quality because of the 8mm tape
    > > limitations, I find that I am still getting dropped frames and audio
    > > distortion.
    > >
    > > Both the 8mm tape & the VHS tape copy actually look/sound better.
    > >
    > > I used the latest drivers and upgrades from the ATI website instead of
    > using
    > > the original CD per information I have read here.
    > >
    > > Suggestions as to a solution would be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > --
    > > Ron Marraccini

    Uninstall all the drivers, control panel, mmc, and finally video drivers
    etc, reboot and reinstall. Order is
    WDM (dont reboot) vid drivers, reboot, dvd, mmc.

    Gordon

    I reinstalled the drivers and. on my advanced settings screen - the
    SmartGart section is "greyed out" and I cannot adjust anything (even though
    it's set to 8x & Fast writes disabled which is what I want)

    Did I install something wrong?

    --
    Ron A. Marraccini
    RAM Legal Systems - OBI #146

    "Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Ron Marraccini wrote:
    > >
    > > PS: On boot I get an "Error loading device" - "Specific Module cannot
    be
    > > found" in C;\Programs\ATI and, the heading on the error massage is
    > > Rundll.exe.
    > >
    > > Upon going into control panel/administrative services/event properties I
    see
    > > that the source is Ati2mtag, the category is WDM and the description
    of
    > > the event is: SRB command failed-SRB_GET_DEVICE_PROPERTY
    > >
    > > Anyone?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ron A. Marraccini
    > >
    > > "Ron Marraccini" <ronm@ramlegal.com> wrote in message
    > > > I am capturing video/audio from an 8mm videotape using the ATI input
    > > dongle
    > > > & the bundled Pinnacle software and an AIW 9800 Pro to try and produce
    > > > VCD.
    > > >
    > > > Motherboard is an Abit NF7-S (512mb PC 3200 DDR) w/ onboard Nvidia
    > > > Soundstorm audio and I run my ring/tip/sleeve connector out of the
    video
    > > > card's dongle into the "line in" on the motherboard as per per
    > > instructions.
    > > >
    > > > Since I am only trying to do vcd quality because of the 8mm tape
    > > > limitations, I find that I am still getting dropped frames and audio
    > > > distortion.
    > > >
    > > > Both the 8mm tape & the VHS tape copy actually look/sound better.
    > > >
    > > > I used the latest drivers and upgrades from the ATI website instead of
    > > using
    > > > the original CD per information I have read here.
    > > >
    > > > Suggestions as to a solution would be greatly appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > --
    > > > Ron Marraccini
    > > >

    > Uninstall all the drivers, control panel, mmc, and finally video drivers
    > etc, reboot and reinstall. Order is
    > WDM (dont reboot) vid drivers, reboot, dvd, mmc.
    >
    > Gordon

Radeon Audio Motherboards ATI Graphics