Video Card Driver!

I have a ASUS Extreme AX800XT PE/2DHTV card.
Sometimes the update of the screen is getting slow, and I have to
reboot the pc to get it back to nomal speed. I use a ASUS P5AD2-E
Primium motherboard.

Are there any known software/driver or hardware problems out there
somebody could tell me about!!

Are there any different in using the driver from ASUS versus the
driver from ATI??

Thanks in advance for any answer who can lead to a solution of the
problem!!!

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-Video-Card-Driver-ftopict52021.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=253094

"pfm" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> I have a ASUS Extreme AX800XT PE/2DHTV card.
> Sometimes the update of the screen is getting slow, and I have to
> reboot the pc to get it back to nomal speed. I use a ASUS P5AD2-E
> Primium motherboard.
>
> Are there any known software/driver or hardware problems out there
> somebody could tell me about!!
>
> Are there any different in using the driver from ASUS versus the
> driver from ATI??
>
> Thanks in advance for any answer who can lead to a solution of the
> problem!!!

Usually the drivers from the OEM's like Asus are a version or two behind the
official ATI drivers. OEM's like Asus also "dress up" their drivers to suit
the specific features of their video cards. As such, the control panel
usually looks a lot different than the stock ATI control panel.

"nightsky421" wrote:
> "pfm" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> > I have a ASUS Extreme AX800XT PE/2DHTV card.
> > Sometimes the update of the screen is getting slow, and I
> have to
> > reboot the pc to get it back to nomal speed. I use a ASUS
> P5AD2-E
> > Primium motherboard.
> >
> > Are there any known software/driver or hardware problems out
> there
> > somebody could tell me about!!
> >
> > Are there any different in using the driver from ASUS versus
> the
> > driver from ATI??
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any answer who can lead to a solution
> of the
> > problem!!!
> >

> Usually the drivers from the OEM's like Asus are a version or
> two behind the
> official ATI drivers. OEM's like Asus also "dress up" their
> drivers to suit
> the specific features of their video cards. As such, the
> control panel
> usually looks a lot different than the stock ATI control
> panel.

Thanks!!

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-Video-Card-Driver-ftopict52021.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=253655

> Thanks!!

No problem, I hope you are able to get to the bottom of the problem! Are
your motherboard chipset drivers up to date? I also have to wonder if maybe
there's something causing a memory leak on your system.

"nightsky421" wrote:
> "pfm" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >

> No problem, I hope you are able to get to the bottom of the
> problem! Are
> your motherboard chipset drivers up to date? I also have to
> wonder if maybe
> there's something causing a memory leak on your system.

I don’t know if it make any sense but I have a feeling of that my HD’s
are getting to warm, and that’s what cause the instability in the
system. I have 5 WD HD sitting next to each other, 4 of them are
Raptor (10,000 RPM). Now I’ll try to cool them down and see what
happen then. Thanks.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-Video-Card-Driver-ftopict52021.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=254083

On 9 Apr 2005 10:44:00 -0400, pfm <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com>
wrote:

>I don’t know if it make any sense but I have a feeling of that my HD’s
>are getting to warm, and that’s what cause the instability in the
>system. I have 5 WD HD sitting next to each other, 4 of them are
>Raptor (10,000 RPM). Now I’ll try to cool them down and see what
>happen then. Thanks.

I never let HDD's sit next to each other. I always leave a space
between each drive. HDD's get quite hot. I found this out the hard way
too when I once had two drives next to each other and one was
overheating and causing corrupted files. Five HDD's in one case? Man,
you need a big PSU and good cooling.

"Aldwyn Edain" wrote:
> On 9 Apr 2005 10:44:00 -0400, pfm
> <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com>
> wrote:
>

> >I don’t know if it make any sense but I have a feeling of
> that my HD’s
> >are getting to warm, and that’s what cause the instability in
> the
> >system. I have 5 WD HD sitting next to each other, 4 of them
> are
> >Raptor (10,000 RPM). Now I’ll try to cool them down and see
> what
> >happen then. Thanks.
>
> I never let HDD's sit next to each other. I always leave a
> space
> between each drive. HDD's get quite hot. I found this out the
> hard way
> too when I once had two drives next to each other and one was
> overheating and causing corrupted files. Five HDD's in one
> case? Man,
> you need a big PSU and good cooling.

Thanks, but I think we are getting of topic now. I have just changed
the case to a Silverstone TJ06, and that made a whole new picture! I
still have the drives next to each other, and the temp with the probe
on top of the drives is 43 degrees. I use a 600W PSU. My CPU is a
LGA775 3.6 GHz overclocked to 4GHz, cooled by a Freezer 7 from Arctic
Cooling, and the temp is between 21 and 26 when idle, a 45 mins.
burn-in test shows 43 at the most, so I think that I have the heat
problem resolved.

Thanks for the answers.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-Video-Card-Driver-ftopict52021.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=255129