Screen is pink HELP!!!

Hi I have a All in Wonder 9600 Pro with Win XP and a Viewsonic VP201s 2 days
ago the display just started going pink, actually not the whole display just
the background on webpages that are usually white. For example pages in IE
are pink on the address bar yet the blue and gray boxes where the buttons
are still the right color. I tried updating but that doesn't seem to of
helped. Last night for about 2 minutes the screen did clear up but went
right back after a minute. Can someone please help!

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about screen pink help

    "fred flinstone" <fred@bedrock.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a All in Wonder 9600 Pro with Win XP and a Viewsonic VP201s 2
    days
    > ago the display just started going pink, actually not the whole display
    just
    > the background on webpages that are usually white. For example pages in IE
    > are pink on the address bar yet the blue and gray boxes where the buttons
    > are still the right color. I tried updating but that doesn't seem to of
    > helped. Last night for about 2 minutes the screen did clear up but went
    > right back after a minute. Can someone please help!
    >
    > Thanks

    I had this happen to me on a CRT once. It turned out to be a bad gun on the
    monitor and so I ended up sending it to the local recycling center. I hope
    this isn't the case for you, be sure to try out Thomas' suggestion of making
    sure the cable is firmly plugged into your video card.

    I don't think it's the monitor as it only seems to be on the background of
    webpages also I have an LCD monitor thats only about 6 months old. On my
    desktop is the Win Xp picture of the green hills and partly cloudy sky and
    it is normal except you can slightly see some blockyness in the clouds. The
    video card is a year old. I have had the card plugged in for about 6 months
    and the computer doesn't move, I will try making sure the connections are
    firm though.
    Thanks
    "fred flinstone" <fred@bedrock.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a All in Wonder 9600 Pro with Win XP and a Viewsonic VP201s 2
    > days ago the display just started going pink, actually not the whole
    > display just the background on webpages that are usually white. For
    > example pages in IE are pink on the address bar yet the blue and gray
    > boxes where the buttons are still the right color. I tried updating but
    > that doesn't seem to of helped. Last night for about 2 minutes the screen
    > did clear up but went right back after a minute. Can someone please help!
    >
    > Thanks

    Incidently when I go into Windows Explorer the columns are either white or
    pink, the file name column is white and the size, date created etc are
    pink.. I doubt it would be the connections, perhaps i'm wrong though
    "fred flinstone" <fred@bedrock.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a All in Wonder 9600 Pro with Win XP and a Viewsonic VP201s 2
    > days ago the display just started going pink, actually not the whole
    > display just the background on webpages that are usually white. For
    > example pages in IE are pink on the address bar yet the blue and gray
    > boxes where the buttons are still the right color. I tried updating but
    > that doesn't seem to of helped. Last night for about 2 minutes the screen
    > did clear up but went right back after a minute. Can someone please help!
    >
    > Thanks

    "fred flinstone" <fred@bedrock.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a All in Wonder 9600 Pro with Win XP and a Viewsonic VP201s 2
    > days ago the display just started going pink, actually not the whole
    > display just the background on webpages that are usually white. For
    > example pages in IE are pink on the address bar yet the blue and gray
    > boxes where the buttons are still the right color. I tried updating but
    > that doesn't seem to of helped. Last night for about 2 minutes the screen
    > did clear up but went right back after a minute. Can someone please help!
    >
    > Thanks
    Have you ensured your Cable is FIRMLY plugged into your video card? A loose
    half connected cable can cause issues like this.
    T.

Radeon Graphics Displays