System restore question

If someone downloads and runs a trojan and then uses system restore to back
to a system restore point prior to running the virus, is that computer still
infected?

--
Nocturnal

http://www.spywaretalk.org
2 answers Last reply
More about system restore question

    Nocturnal wrote:
    > If someone downloads and runs a trojan and then uses system restore
    > to back to a system restore point prior to running the virus, is that
    > computer still infected?

    Likely - unless the virus specifically chnaged a system file then deleted
    itself.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Hello Shenan Stanley,

    > Nocturnal wrote:
    >> If someone downloads and runs a trojan and then uses system restore
    >> to back to a system restore point prior to running the virus, is that
    >> computer still infected?

    > Likely - unless the virus specifically chnaged a system file then deleted
    > itself.

    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP"

    Adding my 2cents: My experiance tells that the restoring capabillity depends
    also on how many times the computer has been restarted. This as there are
    allways automatic updates done of the registry. Is that the fact with
    restorepoints in win2k and winxp?

    --
    have a nice day,
    begin@nogotoifelseanymore.end

    E fructu arbor cognoscitur

Security Microsoft System Restore Windows XP