ATI Multimedia Center

I have a Sapphire Theatrix video board based on the ATI 550 chipset. The
bundled software leave a bit to be desired, so is there a way to get the ATI
Multimedia Center? I see updates, but what about the original program?
Does it work well for video capture?

SB

"sbb78247" <sbb78247@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Sapphire Theatrix video board based on the ATI 550 chipset. The
>bundled software leave a bit to be desired, so is there a way to get the
>ATI Multimedia Center? I see updates, but what about the original program?
>Does it work well for video capture?
>
> SB
Those cards based on the Theatre Pro 550 chip are NOT MMC compatible (not
even ATIs own TV Wonder Elite). If you don't like the supplied software and
your hardware is up to it, you could consider changing your OS to Windows
Media Centre Edition 2005 - which supports cards based on this chip.

Paul

Paul Murphy wrote:
> "sbb78247" <sbb78247@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have a Sapphire Theatrix video board based on the ATI 550 chipset.
>> The bundled software leave a bit to be desired, so is there a way to
>> get the ATI Multimedia Center? I see updates, but what about the
>> original program? Does it work well for video capture?
>>
>> SB
> Those cards based on the Theatre Pro 550 chip are NOT MMC compatible
> (not even ATIs own TV Wonder Elite). If you don't like the supplied
> software and your hardware is up to it, you could consider changing
> your OS to Windows Media Centre Edition 2005 - which supports cards
> based on this chip.
> Paul

ok then what is the default? descaler doesn't work, premire would not
switch to the composite input for some reason, but low and behold, windows
movie maker works. I don't like the fact that this does not give me access
to the FM side of the card, but a radio a PC is not!

Comments????

> Paul Murphy wrote:
>> "sbb78247" <sbb78247@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a Sapphire Theatrix video board based on the ATI 550 chipset.
>>> The bundled software leave a bit to be desired, so is there a way to
>>> get the ATI Multimedia Center? I see updates, but what about the
>>> original program? Does it work well for video capture?
>>>
>>> SB
>> Those cards based on the Theatre Pro 550 chip are NOT MMC compatible
>> (not even ATIs own TV Wonder Elite). If you don't like the supplied
>> software and your hardware is up to it, you could consider changing
>> your OS to Windows Media Centre Edition 2005 - which supports cards
>> based on this chip.
>> Paul
>
> ok then what is the default? descaler doesn't work, premire would not
> switch to the composite input for some reason, but low and behold, windows
> movie maker works. I don't like the fact that this does not give me
> access to the FM side of the card, but a radio a PC is not!
>
> Comments????
>

> SB
Well I don't have the Sapphire Theatrix but the reviews I've read about the
ATI TV Wonder Elite (also based on the Theatre 550 Pro chip) mention the
supplied software (an ATI customised version of Cyberlink Power Cinema PVR
software) is the weak link and that MMC isn't compatible at all (you could
google for such reviews). I also remember reading that the software didn't
allow use of the video in function but only the cards own tuner. Given that
these come with a Video input connector it seems obvious that the released
software is only an interim measure until a more "full featured" solution
can be developed.

I'd be contacting Sapphire complaining that full functionality isn't there
and asking them what their solution is to use the purple breakout box with
video input.

Paul