Photo Editing software.

I am looking for some good photo editing software. I have Microsoft
Pictureit but not all that empressed. How about programs like adobe
for home use . Fairly easy to use with good help menu. Just want it
for editing my sony digtal camera pictures and to be able e-mail etc.
4 answers Last reply
More about photo editing software

    My money is on Adobe Photoshop Cs, however those on a tigher budget could do
    far worse than Elements 2.

    Rich

    www.digitalmood.co.uk

    "David Wells" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I am looking for some good photo editing software. I have Microsoft
    > Pictureit but not all that empressed. How about programs like adobe
    > for home use . Fairly easy to use with good help menu. Just want it
    > for editing my sony digtal camera pictures and to be able e-mail etc.

    There are also some good free photo editors, the best, imo, being GIMP. The
    homepage is here:

    http://www.gimp.org/

    and there's a windows version here:

    http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/stable.html

    Be sure to also download and install GTK+ 2, as Gimp needs this to run.

    Another free program that's worth looking at is PhotoFiltre

    http://www.photofiltre.com/

    not as many features as Gimp or Photoshop but a lot easier to use and still
    very capable.
    HTH

    k_l
    "Rich" <me@here.com> wrote in message
    > My money is on Adobe Photoshop Cs, however those on a tigher budget could
    do
    > far worse than Elements 2.
    >
    > Rich
    >
    > www.digitalmood.co.uk
    >

    > "David Wells" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > I am looking for some good photo editing software. I have Microsoft
    > > Pictureit but not all that empressed. How about programs like adobe
    > > for home use . Fairly easy to use with good help menu. Just want it
    > > for editing my sony digtal camera pictures and to be able e-mail etc.

    "David Wells" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I am looking for some good photo editing software. I have Microsoft
    > Pictureit but not all that empressed. How about programs like adobe
    > for home use . Fairly easy to use with good help menu. Just want it
    > for editing my sony digtal camera pictures and to be able e-mail etc.

    Photoshop Elements and PaintShopPro, the latter has the fasted graphic file
    browser I've used.

    Eddie

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 17:29:36 +0800, "Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au>
    wrote:

    >Photoshop Elements and PaintShopPro, the latter has the fasted graphic file
    >browser I've used.
    >
    >Eddie

    I'll second JASC PaintshopPro. I use Photoshop4.1 but it is damn
    expensive to buy so for a lot less PaintshopPro is really good. That's
    why I'm still on v4.1 of Photoshop, I refuse to pay $300.00 CAD for
    each upgrade. And The Gimp is very good if you want to spend nothing
    on photo editing software.

Cameras Photo Software Peripherals