ZoneAlarm

July 7, 2005 3:46:51 AM

I am currently running the free version of ZoneAlarm so that I can use the
firewall. I am getting a blocked message that indicated that the firewall
blocked something that seems to be coming from my cable internet provider.
Does anyone know what this might be, and if so what should I do about it?

More about : zonealarm

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 7, 2005 12:56:04 PM

When Zone Alarm blocks inbound traffic, the alert pops up to let you know. If
the alert has an orange stripe across the top, it isn't much to worry about.
If it has a red stripe across the top, it may be someone trying to hack in to
your computer. Either way, it doesn't matter because ZA automatically blocks
everything. The next time an alert pops up, put a check mark in the box and
click OK. The alets won't pop up anymore.

For more information, check out ZA forums or look at your tutorial. The
alerts are mentioned in step 7.

"Corey" wrote:

> I am currently running the free version of ZoneAlarm so that I can use the
> firewall. I am getting a blocked message that indicated that the firewall
> blocked something that seems to be coming from my cable internet provider.
> Does anyone know what this might be, and if so what should I do about it?

July 8, 2005 12:25:44 AM

If you tell us what the message is we may have a chance.......

!