Who Feels Stupid now X800 Indeed BAHAHAHHA.

6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(

6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p
17 answers Last reply
More about feels stupid x800 bahahahha

    "Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message

    > 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
    >
    > 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p

    you post this with a name like 'sheep' ?..thats funny ha ha !

    Digital Sheep wrote:

    > 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
    >
    > 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p

    Hmm, really?

    Start here:

    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2299&p=4

    HL2:
    ----
    X800XL: 96 FPS <- Highest
    X800: 75 FPS
    6800GT: 88 FPS
    6600GT: 64 FPS <- Lowest

    Doom3:
    ------
    X800XL: 50 FPS
    X800: 35 FPS <- Lowest
    6800GT: 65 FPS <- Highest
    6600GT: 45 FPS

    Far Cry:
    --------
    X800XL: 54 FPS
    X800: 40 FPS
    6800GT: 61 FPS <- Highest
    6600GT: 38 FPS <- Lowest

    UT2004:
    -------
    X800XL: 68 FPS
    X800: 63 FPS
    6800GT: 69 FPS <- Highest (just)
    6600GT: 53 FPS <- Lowest

    Halo:
    -----
    X800XL: 52 FPS
    X800: 41 FPS
    6800GT: 57 FPS <- Highest
    6600GT: 41 FPS <- Lowest

    BF Vietnam:
    -----------
    X800XL: 114 FPS <- Highest
    X800: 82 FPS
    6800GT: 111 FPS
    6600GT: 69 FPS <- Lowest

    Wolfenstein:
    ------------
    X800XL: 98 FPS
    X800: 59 FPS <- Lowest
    6800GT: 103 FPS <- Highest
    6600GT: 71 FPS

    Average:
    --------
    X800XL: 76 FPS
    X800: 56 FPS
    6800GT: 79 FPS <- Highest (just)
    6600GT: 54 FPS <- Lowest (just)

    So....

    Taking the 6800GT at 100%:
    X800XL: 96%
    X800: 71%
    6800GT: 100%
    6600GT: 68%

    Price:
    X800XL: £170 (256MB, PCIe)
    X800: £120 (128MB, PCIe)
    6800GT: £230 (256MB, PCIe)
    6600GT: £110 (128MB, PCIe)

    Price/Performance (lower is better)
    X800XL: 2.24
    X800: 2.14
    6800GT: 2.91
    6600GT: 2.04

    So what can you conclude from that?

    6600GT is slowest, but has good best price/perfomance.

    6800GT is a waste of money, performing 4% faster, but costing 35% more.

    X800XL is an excellent card with excellent price/performance

    X800 is faster than 6600GT.

    ....you were saying?

    Oh sorry, I think you were comparing the X800 against a card twice it's
    price and saying it feels stupid? Don't you think the 6600GT looks
    stupid against the X800XL?

    Using my apples/apples and orange/oranges comparison, I think you might
    be a little wrong.

    Ben

    Excellent post, Ben.

    DaveL

    DaveL wrote:
    > Excellent post, Ben.

    ....I try :-p

    Ben

    Ive got a 9600 pro now. I just go for best bang for buck and the 6600
    is that at the moment. Like the 9600 Pro was when i bought it :)

    Sheep Can be Digital. Dont Discrimate :p

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:34:28 -0400, "William" <alone@home.com> wrote:

    >"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message
    >>

    >> 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
    >>
    >> 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p
    >

    >you post this with a name like 'sheep' ?..thats funny ha ha !

    ramgoat then :-)

    > Ive got a 9600 pro now. I just go for best bang for buck and the 6600
    > is that at the moment. Like the 9600 Pro was when i bought it :)
    >
    > Sheep Can be Digital. Dont Discrimate :p
    >

    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:34:28 -0400, "William" <alone@home.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
    >>>
    >>> 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p
    >>

    >>you post this with a name like 'sheep' ?..thats funny ha ha !

    Well he does he kick backs from ATI. He would say that.

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:29:44 +0100, Ben Pope
    <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote:

    >DaveL wrote:
    >> Excellent post, Ben.
    >
    >...I try :-p
    >
    >Ben

    Aint all the cards above the 6600 GT alot more money ???. And the 6600
    gt is still faster than the x800 no matter what that stupid sites
    says. 99% of the reviews says its faster.

    With a 5th grade grammer (intellect) level, you may have missed a few
    salient points in the Anand review. Not that you would notice...

    Digital Sheep wrote:

    > Aint all the cards above the 6600 GT alot more money ???.

    I gave you the prices. And the price performance ratios. The X800 is
    9% more expensive for 4% improvement. Thats not "a lot". The X800 and
    the 6600GT compete.

    The 6800GT and the X800XL compete. The 6800GT is 35% more expensive for
    4% improvement.

    > And the 6600
    > gt is still faster than the x800 no matter what that stupid sites
    > says.

    Explain why?

    > 99% of the reviews says its faster.

    Name some.

    Ben

    Ben Pope wrote:
    > > 99% of the reviews says its faster.
    >
    > Name some.

    In fact... don't bother replying until you have 99 sites.

    Ben

    Digital Sheep wrote:
    > If you want em i can give you 200 :)

    Oh please... I'd love to see them

    Be sure to link the pages which summarise the conclusion.

    Ben

    "Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message

    > 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
    >
    > 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p

    Obviously an adolescent (or overgrown adolescent) whose parents paid for the
    6600GT that he is talking about in the nVidia newsgroup.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Taking a moment's reflection, Bob Doran mused:

    | With a 5th grade grammer (intellect) level, you may have missed a few
    | salient points in the Anand review. Not that you would notice...

    Erm, that's "grammar" mate ... ;-)
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    > Oh please... I'd love to see them
    >
    > Be sure to link the pages which summarise the conclusion.

    Hmm...our 'Digital Sheep' buddy posted last posted three days ago and still
    no links to any reviews, let alone 200. I wonder why? :-)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:02:29 -0600, "NightSky 421"
    <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    >"Ben Pope" <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote in message

    >> Oh please... I'd love to see them

    >> Be sure to link the pages which summarise the conclusion.

    >Hmm...our 'Digital Sheep' buddy posted last posted three days ago and still
    >no links to any reviews, let alone 200. I wonder why? :-)

    He's very active in other groups, but very very quiet in here

    ¸ô¶ó
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    NightSky 421 wrote:
    > "Ben Pope" <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Oh please... I'd love to see them
    >>
    >>Be sure to link the pages which summarise the conclusion.
    >>

    > Hmm...our 'Digital Sheep' buddy posted last posted three days ago and still
    > no links to any reviews, let alone 200. I wonder why? :-)

    Perhaps "99% of the reviews says its faster", a bit like "68% of
    statistics are made up".

    Never let the truth get in the way of exaggeration.

    Ben

Radeon ATI Graphics