Who Feels Stupid now X800 Indeed BAHAHAHHA.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 13, 2005 5:27:24 AM

6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(

6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p
April 13, 2005 5:27:25 AM

"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message

> 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
>
> 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p

you post this with a name like 'sheep' ?..thats funny ha ha !
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 5:27:25 AM

Digital Sheep wrote:

> 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
>
> 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p

Hmm, really?

Start here:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2299&p=4

HL2:
----
X800XL: 96 FPS <- Highest
X800: 75 FPS
6800GT: 88 FPS
6600GT: 64 FPS <- Lowest

Doom3:
------
X800XL: 50 FPS
X800: 35 FPS <- Lowest
6800GT: 65 FPS <- Highest
6600GT: 45 FPS

Far Cry:
--------
X800XL: 54 FPS
X800: 40 FPS
6800GT: 61 FPS <- Highest
6600GT: 38 FPS <- Lowest

UT2004:
-------
X800XL: 68 FPS
X800: 63 FPS
6800GT: 69 FPS <- Highest (just)
6600GT: 53 FPS <- Lowest

Halo:
-----
X800XL: 52 FPS
X800: 41 FPS
6800GT: 57 FPS <- Highest
6600GT: 41 FPS <- Lowest

BF Vietnam:
-----------
X800XL: 114 FPS <- Highest
X800: 82 FPS
6800GT: 111 FPS
6600GT: 69 FPS <- Lowest

Wolfenstein:
------------
X800XL: 98 FPS
X800: 59 FPS <- Lowest
6800GT: 103 FPS <- Highest
6600GT: 71 FPS

Average:
--------
X800XL: 76 FPS
X800: 56 FPS
6800GT: 79 FPS <- Highest (just)
6600GT: 54 FPS <- Lowest (just)

So....

Taking the 6800GT at 100%:
X800XL: 96%
X800: 71%
6800GT: 100%
6600GT: 68%

Price:
X800XL: £170 (256MB, PCIe)
X800: £120 (128MB, PCIe)
6800GT: £230 (256MB, PCIe)
6600GT: £110 (128MB, PCIe)

Price/Performance (lower is better)
X800XL: 2.24
X800: 2.14
6800GT: 2.91
6600GT: 2.04

So what can you conclude from that?

6600GT is slowest, but has good best price/perfomance.

6800GT is a waste of money, performing 4% faster, but costing 35% more.

X800XL is an excellent card with excellent price/performance

X800 is faster than 6600GT.

....you were saying?

Oh sorry, I think you were comparing the X800 against a card twice it's
price and saying it feels stupid? Don't you think the 6600GT looks
stupid against the X800XL?

Using my apples/apples and orange/oranges comparison, I think you might
be a little wrong.

Ben
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 13, 2005 5:27:26 AM

Excellent post, Ben.

DaveL

"Ben Pope" <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>

> HL2:
> ----
> X800XL: 96 FPS <- Highest
> X800: 75 FPS
> 6800GT: 88 FPS
> 6600GT: 64 FPS <- Lowest
>
> Doom3:
> ------
> X800XL: 50 FPS
> X800: 35 FPS <- Lowest
> 6800GT: 65 FPS <- Highest
> 6600GT: 45 FPS
>
> Far Cry:
> --------
> X800XL: 54 FPS
> X800: 40 FPS
> 6800GT: 61 FPS <- Highest
> 6600GT: 38 FPS <- Lowest
>
> UT2004:
> -------
> X800XL: 68 FPS
> X800: 63 FPS
> 6800GT: 69 FPS <- Highest (just)
> 6600GT: 53 FPS <- Lowest
>
> Halo:
> -----
> X800XL: 52 FPS
> X800: 41 FPS
> 6800GT: 57 FPS <- Highest
> 6600GT: 41 FPS <- Lowest
>
> BF Vietnam:
> -----------
> X800XL: 114 FPS <- Highest
> X800: 82 FPS
> 6800GT: 111 FPS
> 6600GT: 69 FPS <- Lowest
>
> Wolfenstein:
> ------------
> X800XL: 98 FPS
> X800: 59 FPS <- Lowest
> 6800GT: 103 FPS <- Highest
> 6600GT: 71 FPS
>
> Average:
> --------
> X800XL: 76 FPS
> X800: 56 FPS
> 6800GT: 79 FPS <- Highest (just)
> 6600GT: 54 FPS <- Lowest (just)
>
> So....
>
> Taking the 6800GT at 100%:
> X800XL: 96%
> X800: 71%
> 6800GT: 100%
> 6600GT: 68%
>
> Price:
> X800XL: £170 (256MB, PCIe)
> X800: £120 (128MB, PCIe)
> 6800GT: £230 (256MB, PCIe)
> 6600GT: £110 (128MB, PCIe)
>
> Price/Performance (lower is better)
> X800XL: 2.24
> X800: 2.14
> 6800GT: 2.91
> 6600GT: 2.04
>
> So what can you conclude from that?
>
> 6600GT is slowest, but has good best price/perfomance.
>
> 6800GT is a waste of money, performing 4% faster, but costing 35% more.
>
> X800XL is an excellent card with excellent price/performance
>
> X800 is faster than 6600GT.
>
> ...you were saying?
>
> Oh sorry, I think you were comparing the X800 against a card twice it's
> price and saying it feels stupid? Don't you think the 6600GT looks stupid
> against the X800XL?
>
> Using my apples/apples and orange/oranges comparison, I think you might be

April 13, 2005 5:27:27 AM

DaveL wrote:
> Excellent post, Ben.

....I try :-p

Ben
April 13, 2005 7:14:36 AM

Ive got a 9600 pro now. I just go for best bang for buck and the 6600
is that at the moment. Like the 9600 Pro was when i bought it :)

Sheep Can be Digital. Dont Discrimate :p

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:34:28 -0400, "William" <alone@home.com> wrote:

>"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message
>>

>> 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
>>
>> 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p
>

>you post this with a name like 'sheep' ?..thats funny ha ha !

April 13, 2005 7:14:37 AM

ramgoat then :-)

> Ive got a 9600 pro now. I just go for best bang for buck and the 6600
> is that at the moment. Like the 9600 Pro was when i bought it :)
>
> Sheep Can be Digital. Dont Discrimate :p
>

> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:34:28 -0400, "William" <alone@home.com> wrote:
>

>>"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message
>>>

>>> 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
>>>
>>> 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p
>>

>>you post this with a name like 'sheep' ?..thats funny ha ha !

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 3:10:50 PM

Well he does he kick backs from ATI. He would say that.

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:29:44 +0100, Ben Pope
<benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote:

>DaveL wrote:
>> Excellent post, Ben.
>
>...I try :-p
>
>Ben
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 3:13:12 PM

Aint all the cards above the 6600 GT alot more money ???. And the 6600
gt is still faster than the x800 no matter what that stupid sites
says. 99% of the reviews says its faster.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 3:13:13 PM

With a 5th grade grammer (intellect) level, you may have missed a few
salient points in the Anand review. Not that you would notice...

Digital Sheep wrote:

> Aint all the cards above the 6600 GT alot more money ???.

I gave you the prices. And the price performance ratios. The X800 is
9% more expensive for 4% improvement. Thats not "a lot". The X800 and
the 6600GT compete.

The 6800GT and the X800XL compete. The 6800GT is 35% more expensive for
4% improvement.

> And the 6600
> gt is still faster than the x800 no matter what that stupid sites
> says.

Explain why?

> 99% of the reviews says its faster.

Name some.

Ben
April 13, 2005 3:13:14 PM

Ben Pope wrote:
> > 99% of the reviews says its faster.
>
> Name some.

In fact... don't bother replying until you have 99 sites.

Ben
April 13, 2005 6:31:58 PM

Digital Sheep wrote:
> If you want em i can give you 200 :)

Oh please... I'd love to see them

Be sure to link the pages which summarise the conclusion.

Ben
April 14, 2005 12:34:43 PM

"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message

> 6600 Gt kicks its sorry butt :(
>
> 6800 Gt spanks it SO hard on its Bot bot :p

Obviously an adolescent (or overgrown adolescent) whose parents paid for the
6600GT that he is talking about in the nVidia newsgroup.
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 9:32:19 PM

Taking a moment's reflection, Bob Doran mused:

| With a 5th grade grammer (intellect) level, you may have missed a few
| salient points in the Anand review. Not that you would notice...

Erm, that's "grammar" mate ... ;-)
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 2:02:29 PM

> Oh please... I'd love to see them
>
> Be sure to link the pages which summarise the conclusion.

Hmm...our 'Digital Sheep' buddy posted last posted three days ago and still
no links to any reviews, let alone 200. I wonder why? :-)
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 10:23:15 PM

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:02:29 -0600, "NightSky 421"
<nightsky421@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>"Ben Pope" <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Oh please... I'd love to see them

>> Be sure to link the pages which summarise the conclusion.

>Hmm...our 'Digital Sheep' buddy posted last posted three days ago and still
>no links to any reviews, let alone 200. I wonder why? :-)

He's very active in other groups, but very very quiet in here

¸ô¶ó
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 11:47:40 PM

NightSky 421 wrote:
> "Ben Pope" <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Oh please... I'd love to see them
>>
>>Be sure to link the pages which summarise the conclusion.
>>

> Hmm...our 'Digital Sheep' buddy posted last posted three days ago and still
> no links to any reviews, let alone 200. I wonder why? :-)

Perhaps "99% of the reviews says its faster", a bit like "68% of
statistics are made up".

Never let the truth get in the way of exaggeration.

Ben