sign in help

I am currently trying to get my desk top ready for my cousin to use at
school, we set up a user password on it when you first turn it on, however
she can now not remember the user name/password combo we set. How do I get
around this to reset them? Xp home edition is what is being used.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!
2 answers Last reply
More about sign help

    Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

    Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

    Forgot your admin password?

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "Nikkylee0330" wrote:

    | I am currently trying to get my desk top ready for my cousin to use at
    | school, we set up a user password on it when you first turn it on, however
    | she can now not remember the user name/password combo we set. How do I get
    | around this to reset them? Xp home edition is what is being used.
    |
    | Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

    Hello, Was reading post and tried the links. First two gave 404 error and
    last one gave 403 error. Using IE6.
    Take Care.
    beamish.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
    >
    > Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
    > if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
    > http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
    >
    > Forgot your admin password?
    > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Nikkylee0330" wrote:
    >
    > | I am currently trying to get my desk top ready for my cousin to use at
    > | school, we set up a user password on it when you first turn it on, however
    > | she can now not remember the user name/password combo we set. How do I get
    > | around this to reset them? Xp home edition is what is being used.
    > |
    > | Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Security Microsoft Windows XP