Custom screen resolutions

johnp

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002

Is there a way to add custom screen resolutions without using
junky third-party utilities (e.g. Powerstrip) or installing CCC
(which requires Microsoft's .NET Framework, according to
ATI's website)?

If not, can I manually add custom modes via Win2K's registry?

I can't believe this is so friggin complicated..... with Forceware
it's just three mouseclicks.

johnp

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002

"JohnP" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:uBl7e.9387$44.5985@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Is there a way to add custom screen resolutions without using
> junky third-party utilities (e.g. Powerstrip) or installing CCC
> (which requires Microsoft's .NET Framework, according to
> ATI's website)?
>
> If not, can I manually add custom modes via Win2K's registry?
>
> I can't believe this is so friggin complicated..... with Forceware
> it's just three mouseclicks.

Never mind, I found the info. For anyone else who's interested,
here's the registry location (at least for Win2K):

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ati2mtag\Device0

Modifications to DALNonStandardModesBCDx and
DALRestrictedModesBCDx are fairly self-explanatory.