Adding HDTV Wonder?

I currently have installed a AIW 9600 Pro with the latest software/drivers.
My system is a Intel P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1Gb ram. I'll soon be adding in an ATI
HDTV Wonder. My question is this: Should I uninstall all my installed ATI
software and start from scratch using the installation CD, or only install
the additional software needed for the HDTV card? TIA!

"thomlp1" <thomlp1@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> I currently have installed a AIW 9600 Pro with the latest
software/drivers.
> My system is a Intel P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1Gb ram. I'll soon be adding in an ATI
> HDTV Wonder. My question is this: Should I uninstall all my installed
ATI
> software and start from scratch using the installation CD, or only install
> the additional software needed for the HDTV card? TIA!

I would remove MMC, install the HDTV W drivers from the website then
reinstall MMC.

I followed your instructions and the install went smoothly. The HDTV card
is working great!

"TLP" <TLP@hospam.com> wrote in message
> I followed your instructions and the install went smoothly. The HDTV card
> is working great!
>
> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > "thomlp1" <thomlp1@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> >> I currently have installed a AIW 9600 Pro with the latest
> > software/drivers.
> >> My system is a Intel P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1Gb ram. I'll soon be adding in an
ATI
> >> HDTV Wonder. My question is this: Should I uninstall all my installed
> > ATI
> >> software and start from scratch using the installation CD, or only
> >> install
> >> the additional software needed for the HDTV card? TIA!
> >>

> > I would remove MMC, install the HDTV W drivers from the website then
> > reinstall MMC.

Great, the less of the ATI shuffle we have to do the better.

Here's a couple of programs you may be interested in. WatchHDTV is a small
program that allows you to watch HD without the constant recording of DTV.
Its in the ATI HDTV Wonder-alternative software thread. It's is free for
now.

GraphEdit is a program that comes in a M$ SDK(free) That allows you to
display output from more than one tuner at a time(and other things). Time
consuming but very interesting. I'm just at the point where I have HD and a
picture from the AIW. Haven't had time to play with it yet. It's in the
GraphEdit tips and tricks thread.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Thanks for the heads-up on those other programs...especially WatchDTV! I
immediately noticed that ATI's program created a "TV on demand" buffer,
which I didn't want. The WatchDTV ap is easy to use, although I miss the
ATI ThruWindow.