Does anyone use one of these on a laptop? How well does it perform? I have
a friend wanting to use one of these and I hate to make a bad
recommendation.

sbb78247 wrote:

> Does anyone use one of these on a laptop? How well does it perform? I
> have a friend wanting to use one of these and I hate to make a bad
> recommendation.

Not tried one. I've been using a Hauppauge PVR-USB2 for a while and it
works very nicely. That's the one I would go with unless you're in a
locality in which HD is transmitted in one of the formats that the Sasem
OnAir supports, in which case it might be worth a look.

I'm hesitant about any USB device that doesn't have hardware compression.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

TRENDING THREADS