Clams & Video Cards Anyone?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards,ne.general,nj.general (More info?)

Here I sit with a in store hand made $1.50 stuffed clam complete with
breading, big onions, big green peppers, big clams, seasoning, I could care
less about a U2 concert at the moment and I've got 3 more of these clams and
a pound of fresh Chatham cod for fry as well.

I'm sitting here wondering if it is even worth the attempt to reinstall some
drivers for an external hardrive i've not used since before I got Windows
XP, even with the hd updated.

Word to the wise, when the going is good, don't change it, it gets worse.

www.ati.com go there, do you see any obvious text links for drivers,
software or products? No you don't, neither do i. I bought my TV tuner in
video card at Best Buy in 2001 and since then, ATI has gone down hill. Last
night while wondering if there were any upcoming updates, I ended up asking
tech support about it and they tell me to download catalyst software of the
Radeon series. My card is definatly not a Radeon so I opted not to. I
would've wrecked the system had I did download and install the software and
drivers. Please keep in mind, it's there tech support system. You'd have
to register your product just like I did but only to be told to register
again, 1/2 hour after registering. Ya know its like the difference between
diesel and unleaded, the software and drivers and the cards themselves. Then
there is the tech support via phone, a USA number, Canada number and a
Europe number. Me being from the USA, I called the USA number and was told
I reached Canada and this if for pre sales tech support and if I want tech
support, register my product and get the phone number online. I am
registered since 2001. They know it, I know it but someone there is stupid
enough to behave like that person knows it all and all I know is, another
manufacturer, www.pny.com has a very nice deal for a cinema card, TV-tuner
in combo for under 200 dollars complete with a keychain ring 128 mb storage
device. So to end this, bye bye ATI.

So now that clam number 1 is gone, I'm going for clam number 2 as the white
rice boils in water and Italian dressing.

William K. Mahler, Owner

--

http://www.worldmediahost.com
Webhosting According To You.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards,ne.general,nj.general (More info?)

> www.ati.com go there, do you see any obvious text links for drivers,
> software or products? No you don't, neither do i.

I and almost everyone else sees the "Drivers and Software" link directly
underneath the ATI logo bar. Click on it and you're taken to a list of
operating systems. Click on your OS type and you're taken to a list of ATI
hardware and the specific drivers for each. Which are freely available for
download without registering. I don't quite get what you're complaining
about.

Augustus wrote:
>> www.ati.com go there, do you see any obvious text links for drivers,
>> software or products? No you don't, neither do i.
>
> I and almost everyone else sees the "Drivers and Software" link
> directly underneath the ATI logo bar. Click on it and you're taken to
> a list of operating systems. Click on your OS type and you're taken
> to a list of ATI hardware and the specific drivers for each. Which
> are freely available for download without registering. I don't quite
> get what you're complaining about.

No kidding, it really doesn't get much easier.

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

W. K. Mahler www.worldmediahost.com wrote:

> www.ati.com go there, do you see any obvious text links for drivers,
> software or products? No you don't, neither do i.

You must be blind. There's an obvious "Drivers & Software" link at the right
top of the screen.

> My card is definatly
> not a Radeon so I opted not to. I would've wrecked the system had I
> did download and install the software and drivers.

Instead of only telling us your card was bought in 2001, try telling us what
card you have. Someone might actually point you to correct drivers for the
thing.

=- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards,ne.general,nj.general (More info?)

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

"Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net> wrote in message
>> www.ati.com go there, do you see any obvious text links for drivers,
>> software or products? No you don't, neither do i.
>
> I and almost everyone else sees the "Drivers and Software" link directly
> underneath the ATI logo bar.

One word.... Mahler

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards,ne.general,nj.general (More info?)

Maybe he got a clam stuck in his eye.

"W. K. Mahler www.worldmediahost.com" <whyspam@thisdomainanyways.com> wrote
in message news:za2dnYUD7N2a3_3fRVn-vw@comcast.com...
> Here I sit with a in store hand made $1.50 stuffed clam complete with
> breading, big onions, big green peppers, big clams, seasoning, I could
> care
> less about a U2 concert at the moment and I've got 3 more of these clams
> and
> a pound of fresh Chatham cod for fry as well.
>
> I'm sitting here wondering if it is even worth the attempt to reinstall
> some
> drivers for an external hardrive i've not used since before I got Windows
> XP, even with the hd updated.
>
> Word to the wise, when the going is good, don't change it, it gets worse.
>
> www.ati.com go there, do you see any obvious text links for drivers,
> software or products?
Well actually the link is rather obvious- towards the top of the page right
hand side.

No you don't, neither do i. I bought my TV tuner in
> video card at Best Buy in 2001 and since then, ATI has gone down hill.
> Last
> night while wondering if there were any upcoming updates, I ended up
> asking
> tech support about it and they tell me to download catalyst software of
> the
> Radeon series. My card is definatly not a Radeon so I opted not to. I
> would've wrecked the system had I did download and install the software
> and
> drivers. Please keep in mind, it's there tech support system. You'd have
> to register your product just like I did but only to be told to register
> again, 1/2 hour after registering. Ya know its like the difference between
> diesel and unleaded, the software and drivers and the cards themselves.
Okay on this you have a point-strange registration scheme.