User Account hidden from Administrator

My daughter, god bless her, has managed to hide her User account from
the Administrator - ie when I log in as Admin I cannot see her account
folder. Wouldn't be much of a problem, but for the fact she has also
forgotten how she did it and also the password she set for the account.
She also never bothered to set a password hint question.
As much as I've tried, I can't fathom out how she hid the account. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

--
andyed

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:andyed.1rv31o@pcbanter.net,
andyed <andyed.1rv31o@pcbanter.net> had this to say:

> My daughter, god bless her, has managed to hide her User account from
> the Administrator - ie when I log in as Admin I cannot see her account
> folder. Wouldn't be much of a problem, but for the fact she has also
> forgotten how she did it and also the password she set for the
> account. She also never bothered to set a password hint question.
> As much as I've tried, I can't fathom out how she hid the account. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Andy

If you log onto an admin account, press start, run, type "control
userpasswords2" without the quotes and hit enter does her username show? If
not then the account may have been deleted. If so then there's an option to
reset the password in there.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 15:55:30 +0000, andyed wrote:

> My daughter, god bless her, has managed to hide her User account from
> the Administrator - ie when I log in as Admin I cannot see her account
> folder. Wouldn't be much of a problem, but for the fact she has also
> forgotten how she did it and also the password she set for the account.
> She also never bothered to set a password hint question.
> As much as I've tried, I can't fathom out how she hid the account. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Andy

Tweak programs, such as TweakUI for XP, can be used to show/hide user
accounts. Perhaps she clicked something in a program of this type?

TweakUI for XP is one of the power toys that can be found here:

Another place to check is in Computer Management> Users and Groups> Users.
If her account shows as disabled, re-enable it here.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Andy,

Go to start, and then run. Type in cmd and then hit enter. Once you get a
command prompt type "net users" without quotes. Any user account that is on
your computer should show up. You must be logged in as administrator to
perform the next step. At the command prompt type "net users herusername *".
Substitute herusername for her real username and it will ask you to change
the password.