inability to access password protected websites

I have windows XP for home computers, Mcafee firewall and am using AOL 9.0 to
access web. Unfortuantely, since moving house and reconnecting computer, I
cannot access any password protected website, such as Ebay. AOL say it is
not a problem with their software and can log onto ebay account on other
computers. Tried switching off the firewall but to no avail. Does anyone
have any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about inability access password protected websites

    Was there anything that changed since you moved your computer to your new
    house?

    Also one way to rule out if its aol or not, if you are on a dial up
    connection connect to aol and then minimize it. Open Internet Explorer and
    see if you can access any of the websites in question. If not then there is
    another problem. Please post your comments back here.

    "NathanielJohn" wrote:

    > I have windows XP for home computers, Mcafee firewall and am using AOL 9.0 to
    > access web. Unfortuantely, since moving house and reconnecting computer, I
    > cannot access any password protected website, such as Ebay. AOL say it is
    > not a problem with their software and can log onto ebay account on other
    > computers. Tried switching off the firewall but to no avail. Does anyone
    > have any suggestions?

Firewalls Computers Windows XP