PC's are getting 'account disabled' type message

At work I have 74 pc's all but 10 are loaded with XP prof and are connected
via LAN. Yesterday and today, users have come into work and when they sign on
they get the "account disabled" message. The Domain controller has a red X on
the computers name. I have to right click the computers name and click
"enable" then disconnect the PC from the newwork reboot, connect the PC to
the network reboot, and then it works fine. What, after about 2 months, would
cause these PC's to all of a sudden have the "account disabled"? I could see
3 bad logons disabling an account or something like that but these people all
were working the day before without a problem. It's happened to 6 different
people in the last 2 days!!!!
Any assistance would help......

Thanks

In news:425A9D59-17F4-46D1-8915-EA457BA65D34@microsoft.com,
Bill B801 <BillB801@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> At work I have 74 pc's all but 10 are loaded with XP prof and are
> connected via LAN. Yesterday and today, users have come into work and
> when they sign on they get the "account disabled" message. The Domain
> controller has a red X on the computers name. I have to right click
> the computers name and click "enable" then disconnect the PC from the
> newwork reboot, connect the PC to the network reboot, and then it
> works fine. What, after about 2 months, would cause these PC's to all
> of a sudden have the "account disabled"? I could see 3 bad logons
> disabling an account or something like that but these people all were
> working the day before without a problem. It's happened to 6
> different people in the last 2 days!!!!
> Any assistance would help......
>
> Thanks

It won't be a workstation issue. Check the server/DC event logs to see
what's going on - and make sure all computers are syncing time properly with
the correct DC, etc.

I suggest you post in microsoft.public.winsows.server.general and/or
microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory for more relevant help.

TRENDING THREADS