9800pro + counter strike source + 5.4 cats

Just installed cat 5.4 drivers. When I run video stress test I now get
spinning errors where the stained glass gordon used to be. Has anyone else
seen this effect on upgrading to 5.4? What is the opinion on the best set of
drivers for the 9800 pro. The omega drivers seem to give me problems when
trying to set monitor refresh rate, I have the latest drivers for my monitor
BTW, NEC FP1350 22". Used Nasty file remover when removing old drivers.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about 9800pro counter strike source cats

    You arent alone in seeing the rotating ERROR mess I have it and
    asked a friend to chk his and he has it as well. Its most likely a
    result of the auto update patching they do. Also saw it mentioned in
    a forum some place.

    --
    ASUS A8V/Athlon 64 FX-55
    ATI RADEON X800XT PE

    " Jeff McNulty" <bilyzoom@gte.net> wrote in message
    > Just installed cat 5.4 drivers. When I run video stress test I now get
    > spinning errors where the stained glass gordon used to be. Has anyone else
    > seen this effect on upgrading to 5.4? What is the opinion on the best set
    > of drivers for the 9800 pro. The omega drivers seem to give me problems
    > when trying to set monitor refresh rate, I have the latest drivers for my
    > monitor BTW, NEC FP1350 22". Used Nasty file remover when removing old
    > drivers.
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks I will leave everything as is. Gameplay seems to work fine as well as
    frame rate.

    Jeff McNulty wrote:
    > Just installed cat 5.4 drivers. When I run video stress test I now get
    > spinning errors where the stained glass gordon used to be. Has anyone else
    > seen this effect on upgrading to 5.4? What is the opinion on the best set of
    > drivers for the 9800 pro. The omega drivers seem to give me problems when
    > trying to set monitor refresh rate, I have the latest drivers for my monitor
    > BTW, NEC FP1350 22". Used Nasty file remover when removing old drivers.
    >
    > Thanks

    Using the NGO drivers, they seem just as quick as the Omegas if not
    faster. I removed ATI Tray Tools from the NGO package, due to it
    having serious issues with A64/NF3 platforms. So installed ATI Tool 0.24
    beta7 instead for overclocking etc, you might want to check out the
    Refresh Rate Fix in it works well here.

    Those spinning error's in HL2 stress test, not sure what is happening.
    But am pretty sure I had them still when rolling back to Cat 5.2/1. I
    beleive it happened when HL2 updated, Valve has probably broken it
    again, they introduced this error a few patches back, then fixed it, now
    it's back again. Aaaargh..
    Hasn't effected anything in HL2 or CS:S however...

    Minotaur

    Jeff McNulty wrote:

    > Just installed cat 5.4 drivers. When I run video stress test I now get
    > spinning errors where the stained glass gordon used to be. Has anyone else
    > seen this effect on upgrading to 5.4? What is the opinion on the best set of
    > drivers for the 9800 pro. The omega drivers seem to give me problems when
    > trying to set monitor refresh rate, I have the latest drivers for my monitor
    > BTW, NEC FP1350 22". Used Nasty file remover when removing old drivers.
    >
    > Thanks

    The errors are NOT video driver related.
    They are missing textures a couple updates back from steam. Known issue,
    not high priority.

Radeon Drivers Monitors Graphics