AGP speed

I have a 9600-XT and an Asus P4P800SE motherboard.

I've noticed that my AGP speed in smargart is set to off. I've tried
setting it to 8x or even 4x (other settings are grey out) but whenever I
reboot it goes back to off.

I've tried the ATI drivers and Omega drivers but none will fix this
problem, but truthfully, I can't remember if I could ever get it set to
anything but off in the past with other drivers. I just noticed it today
and found it couldn't be changed.

Is this a known issue or software bug or what?

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."

Alex Devlin <Alex@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>I have a 9600-XT and an Asus P4P800SE motherboard.
>
>I've noticed that my AGP speed in smargart is set to off. I've tried
>setting it to 8x or even 4x (other settings are grey out) but whenever I
>reboot it goes back to off.
>
>I've tried the ATI drivers and Omega drivers but none will fix this
>problem, but truthfully, I can't remember if I could ever get it set to
>anything but off in the past with other drivers. I just noticed it today
>and found it couldn't be changed.
>
>Is this a known issue or software bug or what?

Try fast write set to 'off' in mobo bios ??

Dennis

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"Alex Devlin" <Alex@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>I have a 9600-XT and an Asus P4P800SE motherboard.
>
> I've noticed that my AGP speed in smargart is set to off. I've tried
> setting it to 8x or even 4x (other settings are grey out) but whenever I
> reboot it goes back to off.
>
> I've tried the ATI drivers and Omega drivers but none will fix this
> problem, but truthfully, I can't remember if I could ever get it set to
> anything but off in the past with other drivers. I just noticed it today
> and found it couldn't be changed.
>
> Is this a known issue or software bug or what?
>
> --
> Alex Devlin
>
> "Never knowingly understood."

to enable 4 or 8x AGP speeds - firstly enable it in the motherboards
bios and then install the correct drivers for your motherboard - then
it will show up in the display properties.

I found the problem myself, which is unusual for me!

I have Nascar Thunder 2004 and it would always freeze when playing. So I
looked around the web and found out that you sometimes have to go into
Device Manager and find the Intel Processor to AGP Controller and change it
to Standard PCI to PCI Bridge. This stops the game freezing but also
stopped the AGP settings from taking.

I just changed it back and now everything works fine.