Unable to access a folder in my user account

I am using Windows XP Professional (Service pack 2)

I restored some files to my C drive. The path being C:\restored\documents
and settings\dad. The "dad" folder is empty but I am denied access. What can
I do to be able to delete it?
2 answers Last reply
More about unable access folder user account

    Malcolm_445 wrote:
    > I am using Windows XP Professional (Service pack 2)
    >
    > I restored some files to my C drive. The path being
    > C:\restored\documents and settings\dad. The "dad" folder is empty but
    > I am denied access. What can I do to be able to delete it?

    As long as EFS is not involved:

    How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

    How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
    on a shared folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307874

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Thanks, gave myself permission under sharing and security as well as
    disabling simple file sharing. Got in and did the deed.

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Malcolm_445 wrote:
    > > I am using Windows XP Professional (Service pack 2)
    > >
    > > I restored some files to my C drive. The path being
    > > C:\restored\documents and settings\dad. The "dad" folder is empty but
    > > I am denied access. What can I do to be able to delete it?
    >
    > As long as EFS is not involved:
    >
    > How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
    >
    > How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
    > on a shared folder in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307874
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley