Unable to access a folder in my user account

a b 8 Security
July 9, 2005 3:40:01 PM

I am using Windows XP Professional (Service pack 2)

I restored some files to my C drive. The path being C:\restored\documents
and settings\dad. The "dad" folder is empty but I am denied access. What can
I do to be able to delete it?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 9, 2005 6:07:57 PM

Malcolm_445 wrote:
> I am using Windows XP Professional (Service pack 2)
>
> I restored some files to my C drive. The path being
> C:\restored\documents and settings\dad. The "dad" folder is empty but
> I am denied access. What can I do to be able to delete it?

As long as EFS is not involved:

How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

How to disable simplified sharing & set permissions
on a shared folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307874

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks, gave myself permission under sharing and security as well as
disabling simple file sharing. Got in and did the deed.