driver removal sequence

Hello
Which order does one go about uninstalling the current ATI drivers.
Do you uninstall the driver or the control panel first?
Thanks for any advice.

"Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
> use this utility from ATI http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe
>
> "Vandale" <Vandale@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Hello
>> Which order does one go about uninstalling the current ATI drivers.
>> Do you uninstall the driver or the control panel first?
>> Thanks for any advice.

Or, for manual uninstall, I do this: -

Uninstall the control panel - do not restart
Uninstall the driver - do not restart
Delete the C:\ATI and C:\PROGRAM FILES\ATI TECHNOLOGIES\ATI CONTROL PANEL
folders on your hard drive.
Start>Run>REGEDIT and navigate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ then delete
the two entries 'ATI Technologies' and 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
Restart the computer.

I have used this method for the last 12 months or so and never had a problem
uninstalling/installing the CAT drivers.

Glennbo

johnc

control panel

"Vandale" <Vandale@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hello
> Which order does one go about uninstalling the current ATI drivers.
> Do you uninstall the driver or the control panel first?
> Thanks for any advice.

johnc

control panel