PCI slot and tv tuner question

i was looking into buying this ati card
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-116-312&depa=0
but im not sure if i can use it in my pci slot, it doesnt look like
it would fit
here is a picture of what my pci slots look like
http://www.hwupgrade.it/articoli/350/pci.jpg

can anyone tell me if its possible for me to use that card?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-PCI-slot-tv-tuner-ftopict52840.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=257623

arrakis202 wrote:

> i was looking into buying this ati card

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-116-312&depa=0
> but im not sure if i can use it in my pci slot, it doesnt look like
> it would fit
> here is a picture of what my pci slots look like
> http://www.hwupgrade.it/articoli/350/pci.jpg
>
> can anyone tell me if its possible for me to use that card?

Should work fine--I think what's fooling you is the cutouts--the board has
two but your slot only has one key. The key is a voltage key--PCI is
available to run at either of two voltages, while some boards only work
with one. If the key is at one end of the slot the slot runs one voltage
and at the other end it runs the other (I forget the details offhand beyond
that)--if the board has both cutouts it will run at either voltage.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

"J. Clarke" wrote:
> arrakis202 wrote:
>
> > i was looking into buying this ati card
> >
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-116-312&depa=0
> > but im not sure if i can use it in my pci slot, it doesnt
> look like
> > it would fit
> > here is a picture of what my pci slots look like
> > http://www.hwupgrade.it/articoli/350/pci.jpg
> >
> > can anyone tell me if its possible for me to use that card?
>
> Should work fine--I think what's fooling you is the
> cutouts--the board has
> two but your slot only has one key. The key is a voltage
> key--PCI is
> available to run at either of two voltages, while some boards
> only work
> with one. If the key is at one end of the slot the slot runs
> one voltage
> and at the other end it runs the other (I forget the details
> offhand beyond
> that)--if the board has both cutouts it will run at either
> voltage.
>

> --
> --John
> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

thanks, i just wanted to be sure before i made a purchase.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-PCI-slot-tv-tuner-ftopict52840.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=257659

If it was my choice I would buy a Hauppauge Card with Snapstream software.
I have had mine for over a year without any major problems.Its the Software
that makes the difference.ATI still has not got it right.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-116-625&depa=1
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"arrakis202" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>i was looking into buying this ati card
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-116-312&depa=0
> but im not sure if i can use it in my pci slot, it doesnt look like
> it would fit
> here is a picture of what my pci slots look like
> http://www.hwupgrade.it/articoli/350/pci.jpg
>
> can anyone tell me if its possible for me to use that card?

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-PCI-slot-tv-tuner-ftopict52840.html
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=257623