Xpert 98 Windows 3.1

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 21, 2005 2:42:12 AM

Anybody out there who has Windows 3.1x display and video player drivers
for an ATI Xpert 98 card? (don't ask why!)

Even though the user guide says it has those and even describes how to
install them, the CD has nothing even remotely resembling their
description.

ATI web site is useless, they removed anything older than Windows OSR2.

Thanks,
Claude

More about : xpert windows

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 5:10:14 PM

Claudehl@aol.com wrote:
> Anybody out there who has Windows 3.1x display and video player drivers
> for an ATI Xpert 98 card? (don't ask why!)
>
> Even though the user guide says it has those and even describes how to
> install them, the CD has nothing even remotely resembling their
> description.
>
> ATI web site is useless, they removed anything older than Windows OSR2.
>
> Thanks,
> Claude

Hi

Go to this page and download the driver for the Rage II.
There is no driver made for the Xpert 98 in 3.11, but you can use
the 16-bit driver for Rage II.

You can go here also to find some info.

Link for driver--->
http://ftp.maxdata.de/t_index.asp?info=/info/MAXDATA_Co...

More info about Xpert 98 in 3.11--->
http://computing.net/windows31/wwwboard/forum/10828.htm...

Good Luck man!
Daniel
May 2, 2005 2:49:49 AM

Thanks, the display drivers work. I'm having some trouble with the
video (MPEG, AVI) players still, can't find one that works with the
Xpert 98 in Windows 3.1x, even though they work fine with a Xpert@Play.
Different chip I guess.

!