Xpert 98 Windows 3.1

Anybody out there who has Windows 3.1x display and video player drivers
for an ATI Xpert 98 card? (don't ask why!)

Even though the user guide says it has those and even describes how to
install them, the CD has nothing even remotely resembling their
description.

ATI web site is useless, they removed anything older than Windows OSR2.

Thanks,
Claude
2 answers Last reply
More about xpert windows

    Claudehl@aol.com wrote:
    > Anybody out there who has Windows 3.1x display and video player drivers
    > for an ATI Xpert 98 card? (don't ask why!)
    >
    > Even though the user guide says it has those and even describes how to
    > install them, the CD has nothing even remotely resembling their
    > description.
    >
    > ATI web site is useless, they removed anything older than Windows OSR2.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Claude

    Hi

    Go to this page and download the driver for the Rage II.
    There is no driver made for the Xpert 98 in 3.11, but you can use
    the 16-bit driver for Rage II.

    You can go here also to find some info.

    Link for driver--->
    http://ftp.maxdata.de/t_index.asp?info=/info/MAXDATA_Computers/Archive/VGA-Cards/Video-Adapter_ATI

    More info about Xpert 98 in 3.11--->
    http://computing.net/windows31/wwwboard/forum/10828.html

    Good Luck man!
    Daniel

    Thanks, the display drivers work. I'm having some trouble with the
    video (MPEG, AVI) players still, can't find one that works with the
    Xpert 98 in Windows 3.1x, even though they work fine with a Xpert@Play.
    Different chip I guess.

    Danielito wrote:
    > Claudehl@aol.com wrote:
    > > Anybody out there who has Windows 3.1x display and video player
    drivers
    > > for an ATI Xpert 98 card? (don't ask why!)
    > >
    > > Even though the user guide says it has those and even describes how
    > > install them, the CD has nothing even remotely resembling their
    > > description.
    > >
    > > ATI web site is useless, they removed anything older than Windows
    OSR2.

    > > Thanks,
    > > Claude
    > >
    > Hi
    >
    > Go to this page and download the driver for the Rage II.
    > There is no driver made for the Xpert 98 in 3.11, but you can use
    > the 16-bit driver for Rage II.
    >
    > You can go here also to find some info.
    >
    > Link for driver--->

    http://ftp.maxdata.de/t_index.asp?info=/info/MAXDATA_Computers/Archive/VGA-Cards/Video-Adapter_ATI