Forgot Password to My User Account on XP Home

I forgot my password to my user account and it is the only account that shows
up after booting up. Is there a way for me to access the operating system by
not having to sign in to my user account? Thanks in advance.

Tony;
Something here should help:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

Tony V wrote:
> I forgot my password to my user account and it is the only account that shows
> up after booting up. Is there a way for me to access the operating system by
> not having to sign in to my user account? Thanks in advance.

Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s). By design, the
only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH