Monitoring wireless activity and logging

I have a netgear Wireless wgr614v4 router and a wg511
pcmcia card. I've enabled WEP security and restricted MAC
addresses. Is there any way by which I can monitor the
wireless activity(of the router), apart from using
Wireless Connection> Properties?

Also, any advice on enabling logging router activity is
also greatly appreciated, because this router
configuration utility provides logging of attempted visits
to blocked sites.

Thanks,
-KMR

Your router should ahve an activity log that you can
enable/disable. This logs all attempts to obatin access
to your router and will give you the MAC address of the
attempts..... You can save this as a txt file for later
use... If your running WEP and MAC filtering, I wouldn't
worry about it. I have the same settings and my logfile
only lists my own accesses over the last year....
The average user doesn't know how to break WEp and spoof
MAC addresses....besides, there's lot's of open access
points out there, so why make it difficult... :)

Look at AirSnare...

http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"KMR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a netgear Wireless wgr614v4 router and a wg511
> pcmcia card. I've enabled WEP security and restricted MAC
> addresses. Is there any way by which I can monitor the
> wireless activity(of the router), apart from using
> Wireless Connection> Properties?
>
> Also, any advice on enabling logging router activity is
> also greatly appreciated, because this router
> configuration utility provides logging of attempted visits
> to blocked sites.
>
> Thanks,
> -KMR

---