Administrator account?

a b 8 Security
July 11, 2005 12:16:03 AM

I created a new account, now I have 2 Administrator Account, One is the
default Administrator Account (which is now hidden
ever since i created the new account) and second is the new account with
name typeLL (also a computer administrator account) both is password
protection.
Which account do I install the Window security updates and other programs?
If I install updates or program on the new account(typeLL) would it install
to all user account including the hidden default Administrator Account?

More about : administrator account

July 11, 2005 12:34:02 AM

typeLL wrote:

> I created a new account, now I have 2 Administrator Account, One is
> the default Administrator Account (which is now hidden
> ever since i created the new account) and second is the new account
> with name typeLL (also a computer administrator account) both is
> password protection.
> Which account do I install the Window security updates and other
> programs? If I install updates or program on the new account(typeLL)
> would it install to all user account including the hidden default
> Administrator Account?

Just use your own personal account ("typeLL"). The now-hidden
Administrator account is a fail-safe account and if you are fortunate
you will not ever need to log into it.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

typeLL wrote:
> I created a new account, now I have 2 Administrator Account, One is the
> default Administrator Account (which is now hidden
> ever since i created the new account) and second is the new account with
> name typeLL (also a computer administrator account) both is password
> protection.
> Which account do I install the Window security updates and other programs?

It would make no difference; use whichever one you like.

> If I install updates or program on the new account(typeLL) would it install
> to all user account including the hidden default Administrator Account?

That would depend upon whether or not each individual application was
properly designed to be fully compatible with a multi-user OS.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm