Security steps after re-install of Windows XP Pro

Hi, all. I re-installed Win XP Pro on my computer due to problems with
system crashing. Can anyone give me advice/tips on what to do after
re-installing the OS and the steps while I download my applications. I
know to back up but there might be something I am forgetting since I am
new to this.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about security steps install windows

    Will_in_SF wrote:

    > Hi, all. I re-installed Win XP Pro on my computer due to problems with
    > system crashing. Can anyone give me advice/tips on what to do after
    > re-installing the OS and the steps while I download my applications. I
    > know to back up but there might be something I am forgetting since I
    > am new to this.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Assuming a clean install:

    Offline:
    1. Install operating system.
    2. Apply Service Pack 2 if you didn't install with a cd that included
    SP2 or a slipstreamed cd including SP2.
    3. Make sure Windows Firewall is on.
    4. Install a full-featured antivirus.

    Online: