Security steps after re-install of Windows XP Pro

a b 8 Security
July 11, 2005 4:28:12 AM

Hi, all. I re-installed Win XP Pro on my computer due to problems with
system crashing. Can anyone give me advice/tips on what to do after
re-installing the OS and the steps while I download my applications. I
know to back up but there might be something I am forgetting since I am
new to this.

Thanks.
July 11, 2005 1:42:27 PM

Will_in_SF wrote:

> Hi, all. I re-installed Win XP Pro on my computer due to problems with
> system crashing. Can anyone give me advice/tips on what to do after
> re-installing the OS and the steps while I download my applications. I
> know to back up but there might be something I am forgetting since I
> am new to this.
>
> Thanks.

Assuming a clean install:

Offline:
1. Install operating system.
2. Apply Service Pack 2 if you didn't install with a cd that included
SP2 or a slipstreamed cd including SP2.
3. Make sure Windows Firewall is on.
4. Install a full-featured antivirus.

Online: