doom 3 & monitor dvi cable

Just got a dvi cable for my monitor. During game play (doom 3) at times I
lose signal in the dark areas. Using an ati X700 card & viewsonic vx910
monitor with ati 5.1 drivers.
When ending game, the signal is lost again going to windows.

There are settings (check box) under card options for
reduce dvi settings for high resolutions
alternate dvi operational mode
I can set the monitor frequency to 60 or 70hertz

Anyone experienced similar problems?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

I have an ATI x700 too. However, my problem is with my Hyundai L90D+
LCD I just got. When using DVI the video keeps clicking in and out.
The monitor works fine with analog VGA. However, I don't have this
problem with my older GeForce3 TI200's DVI out.

I've unchecked reduce dvi settings for high resolutions as well as
alternate dvi operational mode. So far so good, I haven't had any
problems. Time will tell though. Give this a try and good luck.

CaptNemo wrote:
> Just got a dvi cable for my monitor. During game play (doom 3) at
times I
> lose signal in the dark areas. Using an ati X700 card & viewsonic
vx910
> monitor with ati 5.1 drivers.
> When ending game, the signal is lost again going to windows.
>
> There are settings (check box) under card options for
> reduce dvi settings for high resolutions
> alternate dvi operational mode
> I can set the monitor frequency to 60 or 70hertz
>

> Anyone experienced similar problems?
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks

Tried the same, but not much luck. Still loses signal with far cry. It seems
to be only with 3d games. Everything else is fine. Go figure.

<DrMadd@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an ATI x700 too. However, my problem is with my Hyundai L90D+
> LCD I just got. When using DVI the video keeps clicking in and out.
> The monitor works fine with analog VGA. However, I don't have this
> problem with my older GeForce3 TI200's DVI out.
>
> I've unchecked reduce dvi settings for high resolutions as well as
> alternate dvi operational mode. So far so good, I haven't had any
> problems. Time will tell though. Give this a try and good luck.
>

> CaptNemo wrote:
>> Just got a dvi cable for my monitor. During game play (doom 3) at
> times I
>> lose signal in the dark areas. Using an ati X700 card & viewsonic
> vx910
>> monitor with ati 5.1 drivers.
>> When ending game, the signal is lost again going to windows.
>>
>> There are settings (check box) under card options for
>> reduce dvi settings for high resolutions
>> alternate dvi operational mode
>> I can set the monitor frequency to 60 or 70hertz
>>

>> Anyone experienced similar problems?
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks

I have the same problem with my x700 and L90D+, it kept clickin and
whatnot. So i got it replaced and it seems that when i run games the
framerate is even slower and then i lose video.....

its not my computer i have a AMD64 3500+, 1GB ram

any ideas for me?

I still have the same problem. Played with some settings under advanced
settings & FP monitor & under ati options. Did some checking & unchecking of
options, some combos were better than others, but problem still exits with
all 3D games.

Using cat 5.1., Ati x700, viewsonic vx910, P4-3.2, XP pro sp2, 1gig DDR2
memory.

Thinking off hooking both vga & dvi cables at the same time instead of just
one. Don't know if that will work, maybe the analog would kickin & return to
digital.

Keep me posted if you find a solution.
Thanks