"Please insert disk into drive" message

I have a rather strange problem on some ACER OEM desktops running XP Pro.
If a user logs on to Windows XP Pro and inserts a CD into the drive and then
tries to open the CD in My Computer a message appears - "Please Insert disk
into drive". However if the user starts Windows either by logging out and
back in or by reboot with a CD already in the drive during startup/log on,
this does not happen and the user can use the optical drive as normal.

This applies to users whether local or domain up to Power Users security
level. It does not apply to administrators.

I had the similar issue. I couldnt fix it but I know a workaround for that.

1. Right click on "My Computer" anc click on Manage
2. Expand the storage node and then click on "Disk Management".
3. There you can see the CD drive. Right click on the CD drive and say explore and you will be able to see the contents.

I hope this will be helpful for you.

Bibin.