Acceptable GPU Temperatures for Sapphire Radeon x850 XT

Hi,

I have a sapphire radeon x850 xt video card on which I have replaced
the standard cooling solution and installed the Artic Cooling ATI
Silencer 5 v2 using the mx-1 paste included with kit. I have been using
atitool to monitor my gpu temps, which have ranged from the low 40's
under normal use to high 60's low 70's under intense gaming usage.
Anyone know what acceptable temperature ranges are for the GPU?

Will the video card trigger a machine shutdown if it gets too hot?

Is it safe to assume the ati silencer from arctic cooling will keep the
card appropriately cooled?

Thanks,

George

PS - the silencer has made the card virtually silent almost all the
time, and the second I stop doing a video intense task, the card
temperature rapidly drops.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

<ghadley_00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a sapphire radeon x850 xt video card on which I have replaced
> the standard cooling solution and installed the Artic Cooling ATI
> Silencer 5 v2 using the mx-1 paste included with kit. I have been using
> atitool to monitor my gpu temps, which have ranged from the low 40's
> under normal use to high 60's low 70's under intense gaming usage.
> Anyone know what acceptable temperature ranges are for the GPU?
>
> Will the video card trigger a machine shutdown if it gets too hot?
>
> Is it safe to assume the ati silencer from arctic cooling will keep the
> card appropriately cooled?

This is what it does on the stock cooler in an air conditioned
office......so I would not be too concerned

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=x850xtpt&page=3

Is that in fahrenheit or celcius? Because it does say "env: 75".