Secure file transfer

I have two XP computers across the internet. I would like to setup a secure
way to transfer files between the two. Other than setting up Cygwin(SSH) is
there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for replies.

-Steven-
2 answers Last reply
More about secure file transfer

    Steven Platt wrote:
    > I have two XP computers across the internet. I would like to setup a
    > secure way to transfer files between the two. Other than setting up
    > Cygwin(SSH) is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for replies.

    Remote Desktop -> Options -> Local Resources -> Disk Drives.
    You could setup a VPN or if using Windows XP Home, use UltraVNC and install
    an encryption plugin..

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Agreed... also, with remote desktop / "terminal services," you can copy and
    paste files or whatever else over the encrypted terminal services connection
    using CTRL-C or mouse right-click just like in regular Windows Explorer, as
    long as you have installed the TS client with the extension that enables the
    network clipboard. It's in the TS client install folder.

    Another way might be to use a third party FTP client and server that both
    support encryption... or you could use a web server service along with an
    SSL certificate for HTTPS encryption, that will allow downloads of shared
    files, and if necessary, you can use a webDAV application like the ones at
    www.webdav.com for uploading files over the same encrypted connection.
    Terminal Services is probably easier, as long as you're OK with opening that
    port up at your firewall if there is one.

    > Steven Platt wrote:
    > > I have two XP computers across the internet. I would like to setup a
    > > secure way to transfer files between the two. Other than setting up
    > > Cygwin(SSH) is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for replies.
    >
    > Remote Desktop -> Options -> Local Resources -> Disk Drives.
    > You could setup a VPN or if using Windows XP Home, use UltraVNC and
    install
    > an encryption plugin..
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley