Canon camera problem

I have Canon DM-MV500i camera, when I was connected
it with FireWire,Windows XP didn't recognized my DV camera.
Why?

FireWire card works perfectly, and I turned on camera.

Please, help !!! What I need to do ?
1 answer Last reply
More about canon camera problem

    Ante T. typed:

    > I have Canon DM-MV500i camera, when I was connected
    > it with FireWire,Windows XP didn't recognized my DV camera.
    > Why?
    >
    > FireWire card works perfectly, and I turned on camera.
    >
    > Please, help !!! What I need to do ?

    Some cameras have special button or button position for software transfer.
    Check out camera manual thoroughly how to connect to PC. Maybe just turning
    on is not enough.

Cameras Canon Firewire Peripherals