Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

Yesterday my computer asked me to change my user password for logging into my
computer, as it does every two weeks. I do so. About 10 minutes after I
change my password, the power goes out in my house. When it comes back on and
I reboot my computer, my changed password does not work. First I think I
spelled it wrong, so I type it wrong every which way I can think of. Then I
try my old password. Nothing works. I don't remember the Administrator
password so I can't long into that to change mine. I've tried everything from
the Safe Mode to that thing where you press ctrl/alt/del twice and then type
in "Administrator". Nothing works and I cannot log on to my computer at all.
Is there anything I can do without losing all my files? Please help! Thanks
in advance.

Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

Forgot your admin password?

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Stef" wrote:

| Yesterday my computer asked me to change my user password for logging into my
| computer, as it does every two weeks. I do so. About 10 minutes after I
| change my password, the power goes out in my house. When it comes back on and
| I reboot my computer, my changed password does not work. First I think I
| spelled it wrong, so I type it wrong every which way I can think of. Then I
| try my old password. Nothing works. I don't remember the Administrator
| password so I can't long into that to change mine. I've tried everything from
| the Safe Mode to that thing where you press ctrl/alt/del twice and then type
| in "Administrator". Nothing works and I cannot log on to my computer at all.
| Is there anything I can do without losing all my files? Please help! Thanks
| in advance.

Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

None of those links work. They all say I do not have access to that site, or
that that information cannot be found.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
>
> Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
> if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
> http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
>
> Forgot your admin password?
> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Stef" wrote:
>
> | Yesterday my computer asked me to change my user password for logging into my
> | computer, as it does every two weeks. I do so. About 10 minutes after I
> | change my password, the power goes out in my house. When it comes back on and
> | I reboot my computer, my changed password does not work. First I think I
> | spelled it wrong, so I type it wrong every which way I can think of. Then I
> | try my old password. Nothing works. I don't remember the Administrator
> | password so I can't long into that to change mine. I've tried everything from
> | the Safe Mode to that thing where you press ctrl/alt/del twice and then type
> | in "Administrator". Nothing works and I cannot log on to my computer at all.
> | Is there anything I can do without losing all my files? Please help! Thanks
> | in advance.

The clue should have been when "They all say..."
They all are from different sources and in fact all work.
Something is wrong with your internet connection either at your computer,
your ISP or somewhere in between.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Stef" <Stef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> None of those links work. They all say I do not have access to that site,
> or
> that that information cannot be found.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
>>
>> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]
>>
>> Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
>> if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
>> http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
>>
>> Forgot your admin password?
>> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

>> "Stef" wrote:
>>
>> | Yesterday my computer asked me to change my user password for logging
>> into my
>> | computer, as it does every two weeks. I do so. About 10 minutes after I
>> | change my password, the power goes out in my house. When it comes back
>> on and
>> | I reboot my computer, my changed password does not work. First I think
>> | spelled it wrong, so I type it wrong every which way I can think of.
>> Then I
>> | try my old password. Nothing works. I don't remember the Administrator
>> | password so I can't long into that to change mine. I've tried
>> everything from
>> | the Safe Mode to that thing where you press ctrl/alt/del twice and then
>> type
>> | in "Administrator". Nothing works and I cannot log on to my computer at
>> all.
>> | Is there anything I can do without losing all my files? Please help!
>> Thanks
>> | in advance.

TRENDING THREADS