  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
July 11, 2005 11:26:02 PM

I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
restrictions.

What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
than Safe mode?

More about : administrator account restrictions

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 12, 2005 12:07:02 AM

Is it possible in Win XP Home to log into the Administrator account in normal
usage after you have created a user with admin privileges?

"Ron Z" wrote:

> I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
> account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
> Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
> Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
> message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
> restrictions.
>
> What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
> login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
> than Safe mode?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 12, 2005 1:39:59 AM

Original Administrator Account Does Not Appear During Friendly Logon Method
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281992&Product=winxp

Enable Administrator account on Welcome Screen
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Ron Z" wrote:

| I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
| account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
| Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
| Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
| message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
| restrictions.
|
| What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
| login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
| than Safe mode?
a b 8 Security
July 12, 2005 3:12:21 AM

You're running XP Home. You can only log onto the built in Adminstrator account in Safe Mode. See Help and Support for more information on Safe Mode.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Ron Z" <Ron Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD18A6D-636D-4219-BFD8-4BE043E6858A@microsoft.com...
>I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
> account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
> Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
> Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
> message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
> restrictions.
>
> What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
> login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
> than Safe mode?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 12, 2005 3:12:33 AM