Administrator Account Restrictions

I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
restrictions.

What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
than Safe mode?
4 answers Last reply
More about administrator account restrictions

    Is it possible in Win XP Home to log into the Administrator account in normal
    usage after you have created a user with admin privileges?

    "Ron Z" wrote:

    > I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
    > account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
    > Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
    > Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
    > message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
    > restrictions.
    >
    > What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
    > login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
    > than Safe mode?

    Original Administrator Account Does Not Appear During Friendly Logon Method
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281992&Product=winxp

    Enable Administrator account on Welcome Screen
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Ron Z" wrote:

    | I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
    | account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
    | Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
    | Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
    | message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
    | restrictions.
    |
    | What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
    | login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
    | than Safe mode?

    You're running XP Home. You can only log onto the built in Adminstrator account in Safe Mode. See Help and Support for more information on Safe Mode.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Ron Z" <Ron Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD18A6D-636D-4219-BFD8-4BE043E6858A@microsoft.com...
    >I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
    > account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
    > Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
    > Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
    > message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
    > restrictions.
    >
    > What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
    > login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
    > than Safe mode?

    Only in Safe Mode.

    "Ron Z" <RonZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1A26AA-9D7C-4C93-9FF8-01DF3856A945@microsoft.com...
    > Is it possible in Win XP Home to log into the Administrator account in normal
    > usage after you have created a user with admin privileges?
    >
    > "Ron Z" wrote:
    >
    >> I have created an account with admin access. How do I set the Administrator
    >> account to be visible during logon and be able to log into that account.
    >> Currently I have disabled the multi user login capability so that I can enter
    >> Administrator in the login name and I type the password but I get an error
    >> message that I am unable to login Administrator because of account
    >> restrictions.
    >>
    >> What do I do to be able to see the administrator login while using mutli
    >> login and how do I get to use the Administrator account in anything other
    >> than Safe mode?

Security Login Microsoft Windows XP