Themes on Storage Card or built-in storage?

April 30, 2004 3:04:55 PM

Is there any way to get WM2003 to 'see' themes on my storage card or
built-in storage? Right now, the only way to use a theme (or have the themes
applet to see them) is to put them into my main-storage My Documents
folders. But themes take up quite a bit of memory, so it would be a lot
easier to put them onto the storage card or built-in storage.

Anyone know how this can be done? (I -know- I can store the .tsk's out on a
storage card, but I want the today applet to be able to see and use them no
matter where they are)

Tom
Dell Axim X5
32MB RAM
WM2003
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 30, 2004 5:42:08 PM

If you put the themes in a My Documents folder on the storage card, they
will be usable. Just amke sure that the Ignore_My_Documents.txt file is not
on the card.

"Tom" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to get WM2003 to 'see' themes on my storage card or
> built-in storage? Right now, the only way to use a theme (or have the
themes
> applet to see them) is to put them into my main-storage My Documents
> folders. But themes take up quite a bit of memory, so it would be a lot
> easier to put them onto the storage card or built-in storage.
>
> Anyone know how this can be done? (I -know- I can store the .tsk's out on
> storage card, but I want the today applet to be able to see and use them
no
> matter where they are)
>
> Tom
> Dell Axim X5
> 32MB RAM
> WM2003

Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 30, 2004 7:19:16 PM

Spot,

What are the possible drawbacks from removing Ignore_My_Documents.txt file?

Craig

"Spot" <kseise@iwon.com> wrote in message
> If you put the themes in a My Documents folder on the storage card, they
> will be usable. Just amke sure that the Ignore_My_Documents.txt file is
not
> on the card.
>

> "Tom" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to get WM2003 to 'see' themes on my storage card or
> > built-in storage? Right now, the only way to use a theme (or have the
> themes
> > applet to see them) is to put them into my main-storage My Documents
> > folders. But themes take up quite a bit of memory, so it would be a lot
> > easier to put them onto the storage card or built-in storage.
> >
> > Anyone know how this can be done? (I -know- I can store the .tsk's out
on
> > storage card, but I want the today applet to be able to see and use them
> no
> > matter where they are)
> >
> > Tom
> > Dell Axim X5
> > 32MB RAM
> > WM2003

April 30, 2004 8:37:51 PM

Spot: Thanks, that worked! Odd, I thought I had tried that before and it
didn't work.. wierd...

One thing, though - it WON'T work if I put the themes in the Axim's
'\Built-in Storage\My Documents'.... doesn't find them when you bring up the
Today applet... oh well, no big deal, my SD card is faster anyway.

Tom