Protecting a shared folder

I use my home network to share files between my computers. However, there are
other people's computers on this network as well, since I don't live alone. I
want to force the use of a login to access my shared folders so that I have
full access to and no one else on the network can access them. How do I do
that?

The best way would be to define NTFS permissions. This way you can control
who can access your system over the network as well as locally.

Another way is to just define share permissions. This will allow you to
control who can access your system over the network but does nothing if they
can log on locally to your system.